Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Qpr in strong position to land Wayne bridge

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well Southampton, Norwich and Sunderland could all do with improving their defences while maintaining an attacking formation for starters, I would love him to stay but I am sure he will get attractive offers worth more money than we can put on the table, lets hope he keeps loving the Albion experience.

Southampton won't be needing a left back until they sell Luke Shaw.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
People can be on a basic wage in line with others at their club but have a ridiculous signing bonus, or simple to acheive incentives like 'turn up to training' for +35k in Samba's case (speculation). His basic could be 65k but he actually get's 100k + match fees, etc.

Bridge could be offered 20-25k like Upson was on at Stoke, but 90k is head mental

For the record i reckon Norwich :facepalm: IF we don't go up or Brighton if we do :thumbsup:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
His choice will be very limited I would think in the Premier it would be us if there and possibly Fulham or whoever gets there instead of us. In the Championship again us QPR, possibly Brentford if they go up or as an outside bet AFC Bournemouth. Good player as he has proved with us but not too many clubs will be rushing to sign him at 32 years old.

You have outdone yourself there BG - has this come from your favourite rumour site? I can't see either of those signing Wayne Bridge.

Have you been at the sherry again?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Do people actually get PAID to write stories like that? Like that's their job? Their PAID employment? Staggering. Who pays them? Why? I'm confused.

Slow news day. Nothing much else going on in the world of football. Oh, wait ...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we are talking Championship clubs I dont think there will be a better set club than QPR.

I couldn't agree LESS. They are Portsmouth 2.0 just waiting to happen. Bloated squad full of overpaid and underperforming old mercenaries.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It would appear that most of the media have completely ignored the implications of Financial Fair Play.

It's looking likely that parachute payments will simply offset losses due to relegation. It's going to be very hard for a team like QPR to spunk a load of wages because they've got rich owners.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Redknapp is still at the helm and the money is good I expect Bridge to be tempted. That said, even if we don't go up this season I feel we'll be well in the mix with Reading as Rangers and Martinez-less Wigan will be in transition, so Bridge has some tough decisions to make.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
QPR will blow up within 3 seasons ala Pompey.........totally unsustainable

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Bridge is hardly going to be thinking of how sustainable QPR are - he'll be thinking how much can I earn there compared to Brighton? And the answer is a lot more with a clown in charge and a chairman who knows no better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here