Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me thinks he got the hump because he wasnt first choice.
More than likely, but with all that was going on, you're right he didn't get the hump enough to walk away.

Irrespective of the reasons for him landing on our doorstep, the facts still stand.
By his own admission he was a shell of the man he once was.
The manager/team/fans have bought him back to football.

Why would he risk it all again for the sake of a comparatively small pay rise between our max wage and what QPR would be prepared to pay him.

Sure we are still talking in the thousands, which is mind blowing for the likes of us, but when you've been earning £90k a week for 5 years, surely quality of life has to come into it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's not to say I don't think WB will be off.

Personally I think he probably will be, he's obviously good enough for the Prem League.
I just think wages will be way down on his lists of considerations for his next and probably last move.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
when you've been earning £90k a week for 5 years, surely quality of life has to come into it.

I'd like to think so but I am struggling to think of any players who have clearly made a move for quality of life reasons. They have it drummed into them that theirs is a short career (don't agree with this by the way) so they mainly seem geared up for maximising income. After all, they have the rest of their lives for QoL from mid-30s onwards.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Anyone who picks up the Standard knows that it's sports pages are full of the most biased unmitigated rubbish of any regional paper in the UK.

Journo pumping to give QPR fans hope.

Also in tonight's edition, the following Quote:-

"Our lads have got stronger as the weeks have gone on. We go into the match on an unbeaten run of four games and in good form".

From Holloway.

Wouldn't believe anything they said in that rag.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
seems to be the London press supporting a local club by trying to destabilise their opponents ummediately before a key match

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Anyone who picks up the Standard knows that it's sports pages are full of the most biased unmitigated rubbish of any regional paper in the UK.

Journo pumping to give QPR fans hope.

Also in tonight's edition, the following Quote:-

"Our lads have got stronger as the weeks have gone on. We go into the match on an unbeaten run of four games and in good form".

From Holloway.

Wouldn't believe anything they said in that rag.

This, they also quoted about an electric atmosphere at Selhurst so not a grain of truth, nothing story in a nothing rag.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well Southampton, Norwich and Sunderland could all do with improving their defences while maintaining an attacking formation for starters, I would love him to stay but I am sure he will get attractive offers worth more money than we can put on the table, lets hope he keeps loving the Albion experience.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Southamptons new manager wouldnt want him Norwich or Sunderland could be either in the Championship or struggling in the Premier so not a great improvment for him if any at all.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well any of them could be in championship next season, you stated who so I named those for starter, the point I'm making is that he has just been named in the team of the season. He is on silly money at City and about to go on a free, I would be amazed if managers 'wouldn't want him, even as cover.

In Gus we trust, but with the Premier league's money going up this year, I would be very surprised if we just get to keep him without a fight.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think the only thing QPR will be in a strong position to do next season is go into administration. Won't be Harry's fault though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What he negotiated as a wage at Man City when a current England international has no connection with what he will be offered next season. He has been brilliant for us and I would love to keep him but I cant see many clubs clamouring to pay him north of £20k per week, so we must stand a very good chance. QPR happen to be one of the clubs that would IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here