Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Qpr in strong position to land Wayne bridge

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not sure he'd especially want London. It's no nearer to his base in Southampton, and his missus is an Essex girl (with family in Brighton).

Ah! Didn't realise she had family down here. Regarding location, yes, you are correct. Triangulating Brighton, London, Southampton there really isn't a great deal in it. Also with her expecting a baby I guess she will want to escape the bright lights of London! (At least for a while!!).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No one in their right mind would move to that mess of a tinpot club, no matter how much money they throw. Zamora - tainted by association.
Sadly, that isn't true. Any player would move to a club paying the double the wages of its rivals I'm afraid, even to a noddy little outfit with no fans like QPR.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we are talking Championship clubs I dont think there will be a better set club than QPR.
Fair enough, I couldn't disagree more, but fair enough.

D

Deleted member 18477

w**nkers! They certainly have the money though, paying chris samba 120k a week???

Their chairman live on sky sports news said top earner was no more than 65k a week.

I'd imagine they gave samba a fat signing on fee though...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His choice will be very limited I would think in the Premier it would be us if there and possibly Fulham or whoever gets there instead of us. In the Championship again us QPR, possibly Brentford if they go up or as an outside bet AFC Bournemouth. Good player as he has proved with us but not too many clubs will be rushing to sign him at 32 years old.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
His choice will be very limited I would think in the Premier it would be us if there and possibly Fulham or whoever gets there instead of us. In the Championship again us QPR, possibly Brentford if they go up or as an outside bet AFC Bournemouth. Good player as he has proved with us but not too many clubs will be rushing to sign him at 32 years old.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaaa.

I bloody LOVE you BG. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any player would move to a club paying the double the wages of its rivals
Once.

WB is in a rare position where he has done that and quickly fell out of love with everything that entails.
He said how much he ended up hating football, and alluded to depression.

If he decides he'll go back a second time, for the cash, then he's a fool.

It's not like a 'good' club will pay peanuts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaaa.

I bloody LOVE you BG. :lol:

What is so funny I cannot name many clubs who will chase him although as I said he has proved to be a good player for us, but he is 32 so perhaps 2 years left a the top but probably not the Premier unless with us. Which clubs do you think will be interested in signing him?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
WB is in a rare position where he has done that and quickly fell out of love with everything that entails.

In all fairness he has seemed quite happy to see out his contract at Man City though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In all fairness he has seemed quite happy to see out his contract at Man City though.
Nowhere near Manchester.

He was depressed not feckin stooooooooooopid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What is so funny I cannot name many clubs who will chase him although as I said he has proved to be a good player for us, but he is 32 so perhaps 2 years left a the top but probably not the Premier unless with us. Which clubs do you think will be interested in signing him?

The entire championship would like to sign him and half the premier league too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry. Not sure what you mean.
Yes he has seen out his contract.

He has done that from Brighton.

No he hasn't walked away from the £90k a week, that was making him unhappy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here