Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qatar WC corruption - PSG, Sarkozy and Platini.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Potentially lethal 50 degrees :lolol: drama queen.

It'll be hot during the daytimes, I think it averages around 41 degrees in June, but the games will be played in the evenings so if anyone really is that sensitive to the heat, they should have the common sense to stay indoors until then (or in the pool!)

The average high in London in summer is 23ºC. Do you think it never goes higher on given days?

The average low in Qatar in June is 29ºC. Do you think it doesn't go higher on given evenings?

Qatar is a great holiday venue, there's a lot to do, spectacular hotels & beaches. This is the first time I've known a World Cup that can be doubled up as a holiday!

Really? I mean the really first time? Italy? Spain? Mexico? USA? In fact - any of them?

It's liberal compared to other Middle Eastern countries because people will be able to have fun there, drink & enjoy themselves, sunbathe etc. Things that you couldn't do in Saudi Arabia - the country in the Middle East most deserving of a World Cup based on football history.

Oh, OK. Let's host it in Qatar because it's more liberal than Saudi Arabia.

Do yo know what? I give up. It hurts dismantling so much of my brain in order to have this level of conversation.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tennis players in the Australian Open have played in temperatures over 40C on plenty of occasions...

Just playing a bit of devil's advocate. I have no doubt the stadiums will be amazing. Not sure the atmosphere will be all that though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not sure you've understood what I've said. I'm not sure you've understood what you've said.
:lol:

Qatar is a great holiday venue, there's a lot to do, spectacular hotels & beaches. This is the first time I've known a World Cup that can be doubled up as a holiday!
So you can't imagine anyone wanting to holiday in Brazil, South Africa, Germany, Japan, France, US, Italy, Mexico, Spain?

As always Mustafa, you are off your rocker.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Tennis players in the Australian Open have played in temperatures over 40C on plenty of occasions...

A bit tenuous Edna.... Tennis players sit down in the shade every five minutes or so, taking on drinks and energy foods..... hardly a comparison is it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I should have phrased it "holiday resort", but I failed to remember that in a discussion NSC often resorts to being pedantic!
No pedantry needed with you Mustafa. We don't need to nit pick when everything you say is ridiculous.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
not sure exactly why so often you seem to prefer criticising me rather than making a contribution to the discussion.
I criticise you a lot because your posts are ridiculous. This particular thread doesn't really need a lot of discussion. When the host nations for the WC were decided we were all of the opinion that FIFA are dodgy, and that Qatar got the vote through corruption, and it's of no surprise to any of us that there's a report saying that. And most of us assume that nothing will be done about it, because FIFA is so corrupt and untouchable it makes no difference.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
When the host nations for the WC were decided we were all of the opinion that FIFA are dodgy, and that Qatar got the vote through corruption, and it's of no surprise to any of us that there's a report saying that. And most of us assume that nothing will be done about it, because FIFA is so corrupt and untouchable it makes no difference.

Absolutely this.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Whoever backs the bid are just as brainless and idiotic as platini and blatter, I mean for f*** sake, if you honestly believe the bid was done without a bribe, then you truly are an idiot

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
At this point it would be a surprise if it wasn't a result of bribery.

I'm sure it will come out everyone will be like 'oh what a surprise' and it will quickly be forgotten about again.

i rather think it will be left on the back burner, to be used closer the time when they realise the terrible mistake of playing a football tournement in 50C, and need to bail out.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Potentially lethal 50 degrees :lolol: drama queen.

It'll be hot during the daytimes, I think it averages around 41 degrees in June, but the games will be played in the evenings so if anyone really is that sensitive to the heat, they should have the common sense to stay indoors until then (or in the pool!)

It's liberal compared to other Middle Eastern countries because people will be able to have fun there, drink & enjoy themselves, sunbathe etc. Things that you couldn't do in Saudi Arabia - the country in the Middle East most deserving of a World Cup based on football history.

Sorry have you been to Qatar?

I have and I can tell you, there is NOTHING to do. It's a boring dust bowl pretending to be the next Dubai. It is nowhere near as liberal as the UAE, with very few places you can drink alcohol. The beaches are pretty shit too if I'm being brutally honest.

Absolute ridiculous decision to host a World Cup there. It still won't happen as far as I'm concerned.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There's a presumption here (and in most countries) that you shouldn't profit from a crime, hence if you rig an election, the result can be declared null and void. I don't see why football should be any different.
If it can be proved that Qatar did buy a vote, then the entire process should be undertaken again, with Qatar excluded. If they've weighed out a load of money to start building the stadia, tough luck.
And I advocate this even though it might mean missing out on the "holiday of a lifetime"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here