Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Punk not as important as former punk thinks

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm not sure I know what punk is. I'm a fan of The Velvets and some of The New York Dolls and that sort of city sound but the Sex Pistols and anything close to that sort of stuff leaves me pretty vacant.................haha questions made a joke.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
:)

You may like to have a listen to some of the '80's festival punk of Subhumans/Citizen Fish/Culture shock. The song 'Civilisation street' (Culture Shock)would be a good song to start with. I recon you would enjoy it. Friendly suggestion.
Thank you :thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Punk is so 80s!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The most talented so called punk band the clash were more influenced by reggae, rock'n'roll, and pub rock and only took in my view a punk attitude which is what I think punk was an attitude, the music had been done before in America in the 70s and even the 60s with garage punk trash music. Is it dead.... Punk sold out the minute it took off....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The most talented so called punk band the clash were more influenced by reggae, rock'n'roll, and pub rock and only took in my view a punk attitude which is what I think punk was an attitude, the music had been done before in America in the 70s and even the 60s with garage punk trash music. Is it dead.... Punk sold out the minute it took off....

And why shouldn't it? An anti establishment ideology shouldn't mean you can't get something if you want it. Also I don't think the Clash were the most talented.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, cracking gigs. The Alhambra . . . up to town to the Marquee . . .Well, music doesn't change anything, it just reflects things. You either dive in, or not. I don't listen to much 'punk' these days. Something that escapes most of us is Stewart Copeland took the reggae drum style, mixed it with post punk, and that is pretty much all music now. The reggae drum is a jaz drum style, so Pip Pyle made Hatfield and the North interesting. Ah, bollocks, Sigur Ros, Daysleepers . . . music is just too big for trivial quibbles. Enjoy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where did you find this, as I have never heard of him or Septic Nipples? Is he a fake?
Anyone else heard of this band?

No. It is nonense.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
And why shouldn't it? An anti establishment ideology shouldn't mean you can't get something if you want it. Also I don't think the Clash were the most talented.

Who was in your opinion I'm interested ? I am not a massive punk fan myself I prefer the Oi sound of the Business I liked his flat monotone voice.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Who was in your opinion I'm interested ? I am not a massive punk fan myself I prefer the Oi sound of the Business I liked his flat monotone voice.

I would rate the Pogues above the Clash.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Who do you think were the most talented band?

Sorry Dick posted at same time as your reply.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would rate the Pogues above the Clash.

The Pogues were or are they punk, I know he had a early Psychobilly/ garage trash big beat band called Nip & The Nipple erectors, but I would never have thought of them as punk just punk influenced folk.

But you may know more than me, as I was too young

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Pogues were or are they punk, I know he had a early Psychobilly/ garage trash big beat band called Nip & The Nipple erectors, but I would never have thought of them as punk just punk influenced folk.

But you may know more than me, as I was too young

Depends. Joe Strummer sang with them when Shane MacGowan got ****ed off for being too punk. Was Joe still a punk, or not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here