Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Puff Daddy to take over Crystal Palace

Bloom and his family have been on the Albion board of directors for generations. They're not in it for the money, they don't invest their money on a whim, and the club is not their plaything. There is a difference.

Piff Duddly (or whatever) has no links with football, no links with Palace, and probably only became vaguely aware of Palace's existance when he noticed a funny smell as he wound down the tinted window in his Hummer somewhere around Norwood.

I don't think it'll happen either (its just too ridiculous even for your club), but be careful what you wish for. Rich businessmen don't get rich by tipping their cash into random black holes. Theres nearly always a downside.

Randy Lerner was much the same when he went to Villa.
Not done to badly by them, has he?

£360m ?
Do you think he has ANY clue how much of a dent owning Crystal Palace would put in that ? You don't own the ground, you don't own the freehold, you're massively in debt and most of the squad arn't worth two bob.

If he was stupid enough to buy your mob, he'd want his rocks tested. That would be about as far away from "astute" as you could possibly get.

Are you a young man?
You surely can't be as you sound so bitter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Randy Lerner was much the same when he went to Villa.
Not done to badly by them, has he?

For every Randy Lerner, you can also look at:

Ali Al-Faraj
Sulaman Al Fahim
Sacha Gayadarmark
Munto Finance (and whoever headed them up)
Malcolm Glazer
Gudmundsson (Icelandic Wet Clam bloke)

etc etc

Like I say, be careful what you wish for.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you a young man?
You surely can't be as you sound so bitter.

Not really, no. Perhaps I'm approaching a midlife crisis in my late thirties.

Not in the slightest bit bitter though. I can understand Palace fans grasping at absolutely any potential rescue-rope thats dangled in front of them now, given the clubs current circumstances - we'd probably be exactly the same. In fact we pretty much were, when Dick Knight rescued the club. All I knew about him was that he was (apparently) a lifelong fan, and he was behind the Wonderbra ads, and off the back of that I was desperate for him to step in and get rid of Archer. Fortunately for us, he proved to be the real deal.

I'd just be wary of celebs like Diddly suddenly and inexplicably turning up on the scene to apparently buy the club, you've got to question his motives. Its just ODD.
Genuinely hope it all works out and you survive though (following a relegation or two, of course).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'd just be wary of celebs like Diddly suddenly and inexplicably turning up on the scene to apparently buy the club, you've got to question his motives. Its just ODD.
QUOTE]

He likes the name?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If you were going to go on the Croydon board and try to wind them up, you couldn't do better than this.
You really could not make it up. LMAO :clap2:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Why not?
If some nobody like Bloom can pour millions into that white elephant of an identikit ground like yours then a superstar can buy a better club like ours.
I don't think it'll happen but you never know.

Selhurst Wonderland, on another forum, in another incarnation, you say that you are jealous of our new ground. If it's a white elephant then why are you jealous?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Let me educate you...a new, soulless, faceless stadium which resembles all the other soulless, faceless stadia that have been thrown up, up and down the country.

You will be surprised when you see the finished product. In the meantime, keep repeating the mantra and you might continue to believe it.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Bloom and his family have been on the Albion board of directors for generations. They're not in it for the money, they don't invest their money on a whim, and the club is not their plaything. There is a difference.

Too right .They are such good fans that they have left it till now to help you out.For fucks sake they nearly let you go out of the league and saw you drifting around the south like pikies.
Great fans that family
:laugh:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
If you were going to go on the Croydon board and try to wind them up, you couldn't do better than this.
You really could not ma ke it up. LMAO :clap2:
why we would love it.The same as you lot wanked yourseves silly when you thought the palace reject DJ was taking over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here