[Misc] Prostate Cancer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bookings now open for testing in Worthing on 2nd September

Newcastle game doesn't kick off until 5:30pm so won't impact on you getting to the game after if you want to get a test.
Recommended. Mate of mine went to the one in Burgess Hill a while back and got a positive test. No apparent symptoms but advanced and the treatment is not easy. My prostate is about the only thing that's not broken on me 😬

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Has my prostrate removed two years ago. I'm still undergoing PSA checks as there's still a trace. Initially it showed 0.02, then three quarterly checks of 0.03, and my last of 0.04. Ironically, in some hospitals anything less than 0.05 is registered as 0.0, so I wouldn't be worried, but I am!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Has my prostrate removed two years ago. I'm still undergoing PSA checks as there's still a trace. Initially it showed 0.02, then three quarterly checks of 0.03, and my last of 0.04. Ironically, in some hospitals anything less than 0.05 is registered as 0.0, so I wouldn't be worried, but I am!
Coming up to my 3rd PSA test at end of Aug, so also slight apprehensive.
Staying positive is really best.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
that is exactly my scenario...try not to worry , it is what it is .

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
that is exactly my scenario...try not to worry , it is what it is .

It just seems odd that someone having the same Op as me, but getting PSA results from a different hospital, has the all-clear, but could have a reading of 0.05, and I'm at 0.02-0.04 and not had the all clear?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Brother had a shock last week in California. Routine check showed PSA of 10, checking for a false reading 4 days later it was up to 11. Visiting us in UK now and got the scan results Monday. Has a pea sized tumour. He goes back home to USA end of the month.
He's 57 and pretty relaxed about it. I'd have never gone away for 3 weeks and stayed near the doctors.
What scenarios is he facing?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Brother had a shock last week in California. Routine check showed PSA of 10, checking for a false reading 4 days later it was up to 11. Visiting us in UK now and got the scan results Monday. Has a pea sized tumour. He goes back home to USA end of the month.
He's 57 and pretty relaxed about it. I'd have never gone away for 3 weeks and stayed near the doctors.
What scenarios is he facing?
Depending on how the tumour is diagnosed, as in risk of growing out of the Prostrate and how aggressive it is, like mine was.
He may get offered biopsies to ascertain the latter.
Radiotherapy targeting the area of the
?cancer?.
Radical Prostatectomy, the complete removal of the Prostrate and any surrounding tissue if cancer has broken through.
HIFU
(High Intense focused Ultrasound), targeting the cancer.
This all depends on what his consultant offers.
If radiotherapy or HIFU, he could ask for the gel (hydrogel), to be inserted, which is used to barrier the Bladder and bowel against any treatment aggravating the latter.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Depending on how the tumour is diagnosed, as in risk of growing out of the Prostrate and how aggressive it is, like mine was.
He may get offered biopsies to ascertain the latter.
Radiotherapy targeting the area of the
?cancer?.
Radical Prostatectomy, the complete removal of the Prostrate and any surrounding tissue if cancer has broken through.
HIFU
(High Intense focused Ultrasound), targeting the cancer.
This all depends on what his consultant offers.
If radiotherapy or HIFU, he could ask for the gel (hydrogel), to be inserted, which is used to barrier the Bladder and bowel against any treatment aggravating the latter.

Thanks Amex. I guess the fact they said sort it out when you get back in 2 weeks is a good sign.
I'll report on progress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports