NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That's off my manor.

I popped into my GP surgery and have the ball rolling. Needs a Dr to sign it off and hope for a telcons on Monday.
Well done mate .... and good luck

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I wrote on here that a 45 year old relative had a lump and the likely diagnosis ishttps://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ankylosing-spondylitis/ . Is anyone aware of this condition.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I wrote on here that a 45 year old relative had a lump and the likely diagnosis ishttps://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ankylosing-spondylitis/ . Is anyone aware of this condition.
I have flare ups of ankylosis spondylitis. Started when 30 and was knocked back for 2-3 years. Since then have had ever increasing gaps between flare ups. Currently 5-10 years between flare ups. It's a rheumatoid arthritis hitting the spine and not cancerous. Hits people in different ways. Some forever and others with flare ups. Good luck to them and internet forums would help more than my experience as more is known medically today than in 1989.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I have a mild version of this, inasmuch as I was diagnosed about 25 years ago and I've "managed" it ever since.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in October 2010 and have been on active surveillance ever since. I have a PSA test every 6-9 months and a MRI scan every 2 years or so. If your cancer is benign then there is nothing to worry about although you will think about it every day.

My first PSA reading was 3.6 and my last one in January this year was 7.2, so it has only doubled over 12 years. I guess I'm lucky. The consultant told me that everyone's prostate enlarges with age and by the time we are 80 about 80% of men will have PC.

The only issue I have is a sudden need to dash to the bog although this strangely only happens at home. When I'm at the Amex I can have a couple of pints before the game and don't need to go until after the match, my prostate behaves itself when it needs to!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in October 2010 and have been on active surveillance ever since. I have a PSA test every 6-9 months and a MRI scan every 2 years or so. If your cancer is benign then there is nothing to worry about although you will think about it every day.

My first PSA reading was 3.6 and my last one in January this year was 7.2, so it has only doubled over 12 years. I guess I'm lucky. The consultant told me that everyone's prostate enlarges with age and by the time we are 80 about 80% of men will have PC.

The only issue I have is a sudden need to dash to the bog although this strangely only happens at home. When I'm at the Amex I can have a couple of pints before the game and don't need to go until after the match, my prostate behaves itself when it needs to!
Just shows how complicated the detection issue is: I have an enlarged prostate, PSA hovers between 6 and 8 (tested every 6 months) but my biopsy was clear. Best wishes 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here