Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Prostate Cancer

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Afternoon NSC folk.
Another :bounce: for PSA tests.
After my blood test to check my latest PSA levels post op.
I was apprehensive about seeing my consultant today.
Came out very happy after being told reading was undetectable.
So now watch and wait, every 3 months, and no radiotherapy at the moment.

So please do get checked out.
:thumbsup:
Never mind making your day AR, this has made mine and many others on here! Been wanting to ask but not intrude in that brilliantly awkward British way we all suffer from so thank you for the update. :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A few years ago I found out I had a small prostate cancer with no signs or symptoms. I go every 6 months for a check . My PSA is 12 but they said that all looks the same so come back in 6 months .
I just heard yesterday that a close relative aged 45 has backache and the doctor found a lump so it’s all happening for him at this moment in time . Please get checked if you are 40 and above.
This. I did last autumn because cousin in law and close friend died from, so out of respect for him. All clear, but did find something else instead and being treated for. Hell of a shock, but adjusting to / getting on with life. Live every day likes it’s your last they say…Be honest, that’s another box set for most of us! ;) The Wire again anyone? :lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A few years ago I found out I had a small prostate cancer with no signs or symptoms. I go every 6 months for a check . My PSA is 12 but they said that all looks the same so come back in 6 months .
I just heard yesterday that a close relative aged 45 has backache and the doctor found a lump so it’s all happening for him at this moment in time . Please get checked if you are 40 and above.
my PSA was only 5.6 and mine was munted. high Gleason rating though as in fast growing/agressive

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I hope yours stays small and causes no trouble - stay safe, and best wishes to your relative.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sorry to hear this.
Try and stay positive :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Afternoon NSC folk.

Fantastic news, so pleased for you. (*Guys, if you have any concerns .... do as the man says "Get it checked")

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Every man "of a certain age" should have regular PSA tests.
I've got my 7th/8th? annual PSA blood test on Valentines Day - I'm 70 in March.

Good luck to everyone!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Afternoon NSC folk.

Superb news. Very pleased for you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Afternoon NSC folk.

Good news mate. How long to the next Amex visit?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It is on my 'to do' list, but I'm f***ing useless at organising these things.

I have heard that caffeine ain't good for your prostate so have weaned myself coffee. Well, you never know.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Great news for you and it's very brave for you to share your journey on here.
I hope you find a suitable way to celebrate this.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I have heard that caffeine ain't good for your prostate so have weaned myself coffee. Well, you never know.
I was led to believe that weight loss was a sign, but apparently not according to my consultant today.
Prostrate Cancer UK suggests avoiding alcohol, caffeine etc to avoid irritating the bladder, after my prostrate was removed.
It helps the healing, when they reattach the uretha to the bladder

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Please move it UP your To Do list, sometimes the uncertainty causes unnecessary stress, just get checked ..... please, it saved my life.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Have read this thread from top to bottom (pun intended) - NSC at its very best and long may the good news continue. Thanks everyone for sharing your personal experiences.

Out of interest is anyone on here involved in the Galleri trial? A new blood test intended to identify many more types of cancer, PSA version 2 if you like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here