Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper going back to PSV **Confirmed 23/06**

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, if this is true, then thanks Davy. You've oozed class in the PL, and have contributed to B&HA staying up for our first three seasons. Good luck back at PSV.
If we're being critical, you flattered to deceive, but at least you flattered.

Very fair summary......

Good luck Davy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He still has plenty to offer a club but appears to have dropped down the pecking order with us. We are desperate to reduce the squad so this seems to make sense for all

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Makes sense as game time has been limited recently, but he was absolutely class when call upon, and instrumental to our first few seasons of Prem survival. Good luck to him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brilliant player, dropped out of favour so probably for the best.

Will be missed (by me at least).

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Took a leading role early on with his experience but then looked an average starter (that’s still rather impressive) and then did his time as a support act. I doubt his level dropped at all it’s just a good example of how the team around him got better and better. He helped them everyday I’m willing to bet so goes now with our blessing and thanks. It’s the right time this summer as predicted at the start of last season, having provided some reliable cover while Alzate and Moloumby matured and while ultimately Moder and Caicedo were added to the mix perhaps ahead of those two.

The biggest surprise for me is he came as an attacking midfielder for his national side and yet consistently played deep. He never quite seemed to 100% fit either role but also never looked properly out of place. With the number of games he played for us that’s quite amazing both ways.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to him. In ability he should have been in a shoo in for Potterball but his unwillingness/inability/lack of pace meant he didn’t do the pressing and closing down that Potter’s tactics demand. Good player though and deserves to be somewhere where he’ll get more game time

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I've never seen any player as nervous as Propper was in his and our Prem debut vs Man City.

I've seen some rubbish posted on this forum down the years, but this has to be one of the biggest revisions of history I've seen. He was our MOM that day, he was class from the start.

I think it's staggering that Potter didn't make better use of a player of his talent, it's a real black mark against the manager for me. Propper will return to the Netherlands squad pretty much as soon as he's back playing every game for PSV. He was brilliant for us in tactics which didn't serve him very well with the first manager, and then a manager who didn't know how to use him.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I've seen some rubbish posted on this forum down the years, but this has to be one of the biggest revisions of history I've seen. He was our MOM that day, he was class from the start.

I think it's staggering that Potter didn't make better use of a player of his talent, it's a real black mark against the manager for me. Propper will return to the Netherlands squad pretty much as soon as he's back playing every game for PSV. He was brilliant for us in tactics which didn't serve him very well with the first manager, and then a manager who didn't know how to use him.

If mom means an intercepted pass across the back line then, yes, he was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014

Said with such conviction you had me doubting my memory so had to check the player ratings thread!

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?354982-Player-ratings-Man-City-(h)/

Has there been a worse debut? Probably. But for a record signing?! He must have given the ball away in dangerous situations at least half a dozen times. It's one thing to not know your team mates, but surely he can recognise the colour of the shirt?

Not one person has him as MoTM, plenty saying he was the worst, others disappointed but could see the potential.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Propper going back to PSV?

I think it's staggering that Potter didn't make better use of a player of his talent, it's a real black mark against the manager for me.

Who does he replace or get ahead of then, Biss, Gross, Lallana, Alzate?

Something I’ve observed is that Propper is an absolute NSC fan favourite. Truth is, he hasn’t been good enough to get in the team. He played reasonably well for us in the Hughton PL era and had some good moments, but despite a few on here crying out how good Davy is, I said at the time and now, where are all the PL clubs coming in for him? Answer is there’s none.

He is not good enough to get in this Potter team. But he is undoubtedly a brilliant pro and always worked hard when called upon, so I wish him all the best.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When he signed a new contract last summer, surely the intention was to use him more this season.

Because of four different injuries this season he missed 15 games. Impossible to get any kind of rhythm or quality under those circumstances. Dont think you could blame Davy for the lack of quality the few times he played or Graham for not using him, it was just a forgettable season for reasons out of anyones control.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Propper going back to PSV?

Good luck Davy! You deserve better than being a reserve to Pascal Gross! Take that sexy hair back to Eindhoven and flaunt it!

Seriously?

Certainly not going to have a go at Propper as on his day, he was excellent, but in no way has he contributed as much as Gross in the last four years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here