Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper going back to PSV **Confirmed 23/06**

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Never reached the heights at Albion that I thought he would. Scored goals for Holland but not for us and had skill but was a bit of a pussy prone to silly errors

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unless I missed something, Propper played 35 times in the team last season that got our record PL points.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't depart, just that he's been a very important and good player for us in the previous 3 seasons.

I did say in my original post that he played well at times, I highlighted several West Ham games.

I’m lumping the first three EPL seasons together, as we were awful for much of last season too, imho Lockdown 1 allowed a fortuitous reset, we were otherwise heading for relegation.

I think his undoing is a lack of pace, both in defending and attack. Gross is a bit special, he’s a clever player, so it’s not the be all.

It’s quoted on nsc relentlessly about our similar points total over the 4 seasons. Obviously a fact, but the style of play, pace, creativity has been revolutionised. Albeit on a continued bottom 6 budget according to El Pres, Veltman at £0.9m our summer 2020 transfer fee, so it’s no surprise we don’t shoot up the league. Money buys proven game changers and scorers.

Montoya goes with his mane of hair held high, he didn’t flop at all. I just think DA and PW don’t see his game as benefitting us.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Rubbish is a bit strong in fairness, but he’s not really good PL level.

Proof? Well how many PL clubs are breaking down our door to get him. None, I imagine. To be serious I do agree he’s been a great pro so wish him all the best.

Still don't agree, more than a 'bit' strong.

If he moves to PSV he'll be playing CL next season.

And your last statement covers probably 90% of our 1st and 2nd season players slightly less on our 3rd season. Yes he's probably an 'average' lower half PL player but there's loads of them about and he's not going to break into the Citeh team.

Still doesn't make him rubbish or 'a bit rubbish'. Playing 107 games in the PL is nothing to be sniffed at as a player.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Montoya goes with his mane of hair held high, he didn’t flop at all. I just think DA and PW don’t see his game as benefitting us.

And Propper? :lolol:

But I agree, good analysis of Daveys time here

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I liked the stylish Davy. I liked him a lot. But he needed the brilliant positioning and break-up play of Stephens by his side to shine.

Then Bissouma turned world class and we realised that Lallana, Groß or even Alzate were doing a great job next to our one-man-midfield and that Davy was right down the pecking order.

And then we have the likes of White, Moder, Molumby and Mac Allister making cases for a central midfield berth too. So much competition!

There’s nothing left for Davy I fear but he won’t leave the club unloved.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I did say in my original post that he played well at times, I highlighted several West Ham games.

I’m lumping the first three EPL seasons together, as we were awful for much of last season too, imho Lockdown 1 allowed a fortuitous reset, we were otherwise heading for relegation.

I think his undoing is a lack of pace, both in defending and attack. Gross is a bit special, he’s a clever player, so it’s not the be all.

It’s quoted on nsc relentlessly about our similar points total over the 4 seasons. Obviously a fact, but the style of play, pace, creativity has been revolutionised. Albeit on a continued bottom 6 budget according to El Pres, Veltman at £0.9m our summer 2020 transfer fee, so it’s no surprise we don’t shoot up the league. Money buys proven game changers and scorers.

Agreed apart from the Montoya bit
He was very powder puff in defence and his final ball when attacking was poor

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You're right, his preferred position was number 10. We just never played him there. As a number 10 playing in DM, I think he did a really good job. Bissouma is now doing that job and thankfully his shooting is... er... awful

True but the two he has got right have been spectacular and his midfield work is amongst the best seen in a Brighton shirt (IMO).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
True but the two he has got right have been spectacular and his midfield work is amongst the best seen in a Brighton shirt (IMO).
Oh, no question. Bissouma is one of the best we may ever see in that position. My point is more that we shouldn't judge players like Bissouma and Propper on their goals, its their all round play that got them in the team.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Had my doubts at times especially around October & November but anyone who still thinks we haven't improved immensely has either a very bad memory or a separate agenda. The gap to the bottom is very wide, we play good football and we aren't a pushover. Certainly our physical presence has improved. We have two main weaknesses; mentally we need to improve focus and believe that we can win and secondly our inability to open up defensive teams.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Propper is a good player but the emergence of Bissouma and the signing of Lallana who when fit is a very very good player has done for him. No shame it happens and I wish him luck wherever he ends up.

Well said....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Had my doubts at times especially around October & November but anyone who still thinks we haven't improved immensely has either a very bad memory or a separate agenda. The gap to the bottom is very wide, we play good football and we aren't a pushover. Certainly our physical presence has improved. We have two main weaknesses; mentally we need to improve focus and believe that we can win and secondly our inability to open up defensive teams.

Two main weaknesses and neither of them is ‘shooting’?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
One of the best players we've ever had. Full Holland International and a regular in their team whilst at our club. He hasn't been fancied by this manager but that doesn't mean he isn't a quality footballer. He'll be successful wherever he plays for next and they'll probably get more out of him in terms of goals and assists. It was never his job in our team to be productive going forward, he wasn't being played in a manner which would allow him the type of statistics that Bruno Fernandes has been posting for Man Utd - so plenty of people think he's no good. They're wrong, he's very good and has been throughout his time with our club. I'll be sad to see him leave, but there's no point someone staying on £50k per week who the manager won't play.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
One of the best players we've ever had. Full Holland International and a regular in their team whilst at our club. He hasn't been fancied by this manager but that doesn't mean he isn't a quality footballer. He'll be successful wherever he plays for next and they'll probably get more out of him in terms of goals and assists. It was never his job in our team to be productive going forward, he wasn't being played in a manner which would allow him the type of statistics that Bruno Fernandes has been posting for Man Utd - so plenty of people think he's no good. They're wrong, he's very good and has been throughout his time with our club. I'll be sad to see him leave, but there's no point someone staying on £50k per week who the manager won't play.

Tbf, he's been injured & ill more than not fancied this season

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, if this is true, then thanks Davy. You've oozed class in the PL, and have contributed to B&HA staying up for our first three seasons. Good luck back at PSV.
If we're being critical, you flattered to deceive, but at least you flattered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here