Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prometheus - FINALLY, a true sequel to Alien

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
SpaceJockey.jpg

I'm hoping it'll give a bit of backstory to this bastard. Seems to be some images in the trailer that reference it.

i'm thinking the space jockies (as they are known) will feature in the story. i recall on one of the fans sites they note similar "suits" in the background of a shot. its going to be a bloody amazing film, for once i believe the hype will well and truly be lived upto.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Loved Alien and Aliens and looking forward to seeing this one.
Can't believe it was 1979 when I saw Alien,seems such a long time ago!

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Wonder if anyone has ever done a two certificate release 12 for kids in afternoon 18 for adults in the evening, wouldn't be too hard to cut the film and wouldn't miss any of the audience.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Prometheus will receive an R rating | TotalFilm.com

"Prometheus will be rated R, according to Collider, who've got their hands upon a pre-sale ticket stub promising the kind of adult entertainment that made Alien such a nerve-jangling success.

Fox have always maintained that the film would not be tinkered with in order to achieve a broader certificate, and it would appear that they've been as good as their word if that little "R" on the stub is to be believed.

"I can assure the fans absolutely they can take it that the film will not be compromised either way," said Fox CEO Tom Rothman last month. "So if that means that the film is R, then it’ll be an R. If it’s PG-13, then it’ll be a PG-13. But it will not be compromised."

Yessssss

Don't forget that this doesn't mean much regarding a UK release. Since the ratings work differently they may decide to edit the UK version to get it in at 15. The Hunger Games, for example, was edited on release here to fit into our ratings system rather than the American one. Mind you, if it's an R I doubt they would be able to edit it enough to bring it down without ruining the film, so hopefully will be a proper version.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm so excited for this film. Ridley Scott could shit on a reel of film and it'd still be better than most of the other rubbish released these days.

It's not really a prequel though. The producers have said it's set in the same universe but not related to the Alien story and, should they do a sequel it would move even further away from the Alien franchise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's not really a prequel though. The producers have said it's set in the same universe but not related to the Alien story and, should they do a sequel it would move even further away from the Alien franchise.

Same music. Same typeset in the titles. Crew accompanied by a creepy android. Alien beasty parasites invading people. Space jocky on the ship crashed on LV-426. They've even said its "set 37 years before Alien".

If that ain't related to the Alien story then I'm Kofi Annan.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Same music. Same typeset in the titles. Crew accompanied by a creepy android. Alien beasty parasites invading people. Space jocky on the ship crashed on LV-426. They've even said its "set 37 years before Alien".

If that ain't related to the Alien story then I'm Kofi Annan.

Like I said, it's set in the same universe. Don't take my word for it; this is from Ridley Scott himself: though the film shares "strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak", and takes place in the same universe, Prometheus will explore its own mythology and ideas.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Like I said, it's set in the same universe. Don't take my word for it; this is from Ridley Scott himself: though the film shares "strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak", and takes place in the same universe, Prometheus will explore its own mythology and ideas.

Oh and this so I doubt there will be any "Aliens" - in that the ones we are used to from the other films.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
For lovers of sci-fi that have had to put up with so much shit in recent years this HAS to be good for Ridley to return to space.
It looks BIG and I hope it tackles 'life out there' in a way that Matrix could've/should've didn't in its sequels. I want how mankind was created type stuff and this looks like it delivers. I just hope the trailers aren't giving away too much because I feel like I've seen it already.
What a year for BIG movies! :

Wow there's some films coming up this year: The Avengers(hulk,cap America,iron man and Thor all in one).Prometheus(Ridley Scott returns to sci fi). Skyfall.Total Recall.The Expendables2.Hobbit. Dredd.Taken2.John Carter. All gonna be awesome. Do some research if you haven't heard of any of these.*

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Bsg? Remind me quickly, not thinking

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Is this a true prequel/sequel to the Alien films? Or is it just directed by the same guy and similar to the others? Wasn't sure from the trailer (albeit with limited attention) if it was indeed linked.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
battlestar galactica.....had its floors, but visually still rocked it.

Haven't seen or even heard of it!

I'm looking forward to Dredd. For those who loved 2000AD this will be awesome. Forget the previous abortion, this is post apocalypse Mega City 1 as it should be.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oh and this so I doubt there will be any "Aliens" - in that the ones we are used to from the other films.

More recent quotes from Ridley Scott have suggested this film is closer to a prequel to Alien than previously beleived.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ridley Scott is clearly on a losing wicket here as Aliens v Predator is frankly an impossible act to follow...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ridley Scott is clearly on a losing wicket here as Aliens v Predator is frankly an impossible act to follow...

Its an impossible act for ANY film to follow. Frankly I'm astounded the entire industry didn't collapse in on itself after AvP's release.

Whats the point in striving for perfection, when someone else has already done it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here