Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pritchard

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He’s a bit like Knockaert, one of those faces you just want to punch. If Knocky wasn’t one of ours I’d loathe the bloke.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
By the same token if you agree a deal and then stiff someone others are likely to be more careful when they deal with you in the future, if they deal with you at all

Doesn't work like that in football. Say another club wanted to sign Pritchard this summer, they wouldn't give a jot what he 'did' to us. It's how football works, money talks. Likewise football clubs will pull out of deals if a better option presents itself.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree with you 100% on this, but I’m sure you wrote on here that you thought we should sign him when he was doing the deal with Huddersfield last January!

I cannot remember whether I said about signing him as a squad player as Kayal has become, but he has proved to be not good enough to start. I think that we need to sign a DM for the squad to use as needed probably to close a game down in the last 10 mins.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The schadenfreude for the 5-0 home over Norwich was great. He felt they had a better chance of Premier League ambition, and they could offer more money. He proceeded to prance around the pitch - any time he could get out of Stephens' pocket - and achieve the square root of bugger all. His substitution was the cherry on the cake.

But we're past that now. Or at least we really should be.

Indeed.

He's no Scott McGleish.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We dodged a bullet with Pritchard and Gross achieved more last season than Pritchard has in two seasons.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You're comparing Pritchard with those players? Pritchard is not 10% the player that any of those are.

Not in the slightest... I was just saying that being so small you have to have a special step to sit on the toilet doesn't automatically mean you're a rubbish footballer. That's all :)

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
There is a shed load of players who have commanded big fees but are distinctly average and championship level only:

-Ince
-Pritchard
-Rhodes

amongst a few others.

Pointless paying £10-15 million for them and then not really improving the squad.

I feel that if we stay up (and we should stay up shouldn't we?), then we need another creative midfielder to compete with Bissouma. He, in all probability, will not be sourced from British league football. We also need another striker, but depending on how Gyokeres and Connolly progress, we may be OK for next season.

Pritchard is distinctly average and has commanded big, unwarranted, fees....A resounding NO from me....

TNBA

TTF

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

He's just told everyone to Boo Alex Pritchard next week. Gotta love Wazza.

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...ot-Gems-quot&p=7636573&viewfull=1#post7636573

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The schadenfreude for the 5-0 home over Norwich was great. He felt they had a better chance of Premier League ambition, and they could offer more money. He proceeded to prance around the pitch - any time he could get out of Stephens' pocket - and achieve the square root of bugger all. His substitution was the cherry on the cake.

But we're past that now. Or at least we really should be.

I agree with most of that except your end sentiment. Having pantomime villains is part of the fun of football; I'd boo Pritchard (and Scott McGleish) if I saw him in Sainsburys.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think its unlikely he'll get Premier League offers in the summer and almost certainly will be a Hudds player next season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why boo him anyway? He's a professional footballer he will go where the money is. Clearly Norwich offered him more than us who would not take that? He had no affiliation to Brighton so naturally when Norwich offered him more he took it. Always baffles me that football fans can never see that players are just employees they don't (or rarely) are supporters of the club they play for.

This, 100% this!

It's not rocket science to realise that they are just people with bills to pay, and careers to try and earn as much as they can from before they retire. How can we expect loyalty from players to love the club and come here or stay when there are better paydays elsewhere ..... it's not as if the fans "loyalty" stretches very far, once they have a bad game or two, or play a few too many sideways passes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame we didn’t get him, he could be the boo boy when Stephens wasn’t playing and he was :smile:

Or a double whammy when they both played at the same time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here