Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Andrew interviewed about allegations

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Think that's me done with the Royals, count me out of any Jubilee celebrations.

So a huge amount of money to silence this gross allegation for the sake of making sure all goes swimmingly this year. Just plain wrong....

Don't give up yet, Charles is being investigated for a cash for passports scandal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Stop fibbing.

Sorry, it's a cash for honours thing isn't it, not passports exactly, and it is his Charity that is being investigated, not him personally at this point.
No Princes were involved in the awarding of a CBE to a Saudi businessman, except the Prince of Wales when he awarded a CBE to a Saudi Businessman, in a private ceremony, not published in the Court Circular, and he would not have been involved in upgrading that to a Knighthood in any way at all to help with a citizenship application, no sir.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
its his birthday saturday and i will be saluting are prince andrew and i am sure he will be standing to attention to when watching cBeebies

Regards

DF

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

So a huge amount of money to silence this gross allegation for the sake of making sure all goes swimmingly this year. Just plain wrong....

Yep me too. Oh after my extra days holiday I’m getting then they can do one.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1493930749795487752[/tweet]

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
As time goes on it seems to me that the monarchy in its present form is more of a hindrance than a help to this country.

At the heart of it is privilege, entitlement, elitism and the locked-in nature of one group of people forever being given more of a chance in life than another group of people.

We see this with Boris and his government too re Partygate.

The monarchy, the Honours system, the peerage, public school system, Oxbridge, the cover-ups and the lack of transparency - none of it is open or fair, and without that what sort of society have you really got?

Quite, and our public school system also educates a large number of kids of the Russian elite (Putin's support network), no doubt paid for in part by dirty money. The elite are very good at supporting the elite.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite a lot of money to give away for a woman he claimed "I have no recollection of her" in the Emily Maitless interview

Wasn't there some other high profile lad who has no recollection of numerous breaches of something or other?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Quite, and our public school system also educates a large number of kids of the Russian elite (Putin's support network), no doubt paid for in part by dirty money. The elite are very good at supporting the elite.

Our public school system that is tax exempt.

What a marvellous system where public schools only pay 20% business rates, but state schools pay 100 %

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Our public school system that is tax exempt.

What a marvellous system where public schools only pay 20% business rates, but state schools pay 100 %

Beggars belief they get charitable status, nothing short of state sponsorship of the class system. Get rid

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I know.

I'm cancelled the bunting and the coronation chicken has gone in the bin.

Luckily Croydonison has agreed to buy the mug off for me a nominal price.

Anyone after a limited edition coin with the Queen's head on it ? The bloke who sold it to me told me it was very rare.

British_two_pence_coin_1994_reverse.png

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Most of my life I have been firmly on the fence about the royal family as the head of state (I read a stat that they make as much money as they cost and it kind of flatlined any anti royal bluster within me)

The last few years though have seen me lurch toward the revolutionary pitchfork (Bit far away over here in Oz, but I will certainly vote in a referendum :lolol:).

I am surprised that there isn't more anti royal feeling on this thread now but there you go.

I would really like to know how this pay off has been funded. If the royal family have paid then as far as I am concerned they are done (A bad apple can be understood but standing by it cannot). Even more so if any of this money has come from the public purse - austerity, all in it together etc - my ****ing arse!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Most of my life I have been firmly on the fence about the royal family as the head of state (I read a stat that they make as much money as they cost and it kind of flatlined any anti royal bluster within me)

The last few years though have seen me lurch toward the revolutionary pitchfork (Bit far away over here in Oz, but I will certainly vote in a referendum :lolol:).

I am surprised that there isn't more anti royal feeling on this thread now but there you go.

I would really like to know how this pay off has been funded. If the royal family have paid then as far as I am concerned they are done (A bad apple can be understood but standing by it cannot). Even more so if any of this money has come from the public purse - austerity, all in it together etc - my ****ing arse!

Australia and some 14 other sovereign states still have the Queen as Head of State, in the modern age that now seems increasingly ridiculous. Time to grow up and become a Republic

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Balance sheet wise, does the Queen bring in more to the treasury than she costs?

depends if you are for or against. analysis will change what is included or excluded to arrive at the result that confirms bias.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Balance sheet wise, does the Queen bring in more to the treasury than she costs?

More of course, except of course if she wasn't there and a large proportion of what comes into the treasury doesn't go away.
Henry VIII will still have had 6 wives and you down have to pull down all the castles and stately homes, just because you no longer have a monarchy.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
More of course, except of course if she wasn't there and a large proportion of what comes into the treasury doesn't go away.
Henry VIII will still have had 6 wives and you down have to pull down all the castles and stately homes, just because you no longer have a monarchy.

Exactly. The tourists show up at Buck House. They probably don't know how to tell if Brenda is at home and they aren't going to get a chat even if she is. The visitors to the Tower of London don't pay their admission to see Brenda. They show up to see the baubles and learn about the queens who had their heads lopped off.

It is a total fallacy to suggest that tourists only come to the UK because of the queen. It's the argument used by the ever diminishing number of royalists who have to have something to cling to in order to preserve this totally outdated system of "privilege by birth"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here