Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Prime Drinks

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whenever I've bought some I've found a shelf stacker and asked if they had any stock. Often they have stock but don't put it out as folks fill their cart then use the self service tills which don't enforce the 3 bottles per person limit.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Whenever I've bought some I've found a shelf stacker and asked if they had any stock. Often they have stock but don't put it out as folks fill their cart then use the self service tills which don't enforce the 3 bottles per person limit.
I remember when Nintendo Wii’s were the must have console, sold out everywhere, people queuing outside shops every morning in case they’d had a delivery etc.

I wandered into the local Morrisons, the first place I checked, and asked if they had any. They said “yep, we’ve got a pallet full of them in the back, we just don’t put them out or advertise that we sell them in order to stop people reselling them”. :facepalm:

That was a very happy Christmas!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
My 13 yr old also a fan of the Sidemen and therefore obsessed with the idea of Prime (sadly, encouraged by his 25 year old brother). Months ago he sold an empty bottle at school for £2, boasted to me, and I said if I caught him doing that again I'll ground him for a week! Our village shop selling it for a tenner apparently 🤷‍♂️.
If I find it in Sainsbury's this week I'll buy a couple of bottles for £2 each...and that's it!!!!😂

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We dropped our first product, PRIME Hydration in 2022
⁃ KSI & Logan Paul
Seeing as it was their first product, one would have thought they'd have been more careful.

I'd want a discount for shop-soiled goods.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
949EEAEE-758D-4DBD-8EB0-3F11F2EF92AE.jpeg

Hollingbury ASDA right now

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Seeing as it was their first product, one would have thought they'd have been more careful.

I'd want a discount for shop-soiled goods.
The goods were presumably undamaged, it was a stealth boast about the quality of their plastic manufacturing processes. They really are marketing geniuses the likes of which we have not seen before.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I find this bizarre. There were some trends when I was a kid but I was more likely to be contrary and not follow what everyone else was doing/wanted just for the sake of it. Feel bit sorry for youngsters nowadays who seem to have huge peer pressures. It's a shame all these social influencers don't actually influence in any positive way other than extreme capitalism and selfishness. What an absolute con and what mugs some of the parents are driving around to buy a sweet shit tasting sugary drink. Get a grip!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I remember vividly being obsessed with trying to get hold of Livestrong and Anti-Racism rubber bracelets when I was younger.

I just googled it now thinking I must have been about 13 when it was happening.

I would have been 17/18. Utter shame.

Otherwise, more justifiable ones were Tamagotchi's, Good Yo-Yo's and PL Football stickers circa 95/96..........all of which are far better than a DRINK.....which you just...well....drink.

My 2 are only 5 and 1 so saying no to them is easy. I say no and they say "oooohhhh........ok". What happens at 9+ that parents seem to crumble?

"I'm sorry, you want to drive around to find a drink? There's the tap"

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
My kids got a message that they had as few bottles of the new limited edition flavour in sainsburys. They got down there and bought it. They are trying to shift it asap before the bubble bursts.

My lad is 14. Got about 15 bottles and is getting tenner a bottle.

It is nuts. People are thick.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just got sent this, Sainsbury’s on Vogue gyratory at lunchtime today

E4425184-FEE1-4E94-97FD-5468415F8A30.jpeg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
*Yorkshire accent* In my day it were a Tamagotchi if you were lucky. Perhaps you'd be unlucky, and then it would be Dino Jr., and you'd make do with that.

Also see

Pokemon Cards
Marbles
Yo-Yos
Pogs

I don't remember there ever being such a craze as a youth about a drink or foodstuff, but my long term memory is pretty shocking so...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here