Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Prime Drinks

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Went into my local paper shop and saw some canned drinks for sale at £10 a pop. Evidently it's some sort of socal media inspired craze. Asda and Aldi are selling them for £2 something but a store in Wakefield is charging £100 for one can. What's going on. Anybody had one?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Developed by a youtuber = kids going mental for it. Other brands of flavoured waters are available :shrug:…….but how can you not be seduced by :

PRIME was developed to fill the void where great taste meets function. With bold, thirst-quenching flavors to help you refresh, replenish, and refuel, PRIME is the perfect boost for any endeavor. We're confident you'll love it as much as we do.

About PRIME

We created PRIME to showcase what happens when rivals come together as brothers and business partners to fill the void where great taste meets function.
We dropped our first product, PRIME Hydration in 2022 and since then, we've continued to worked countless hours to expand in retailers, reach new markets and formulate new products we know you'll love.
We’ve been humbled by the process of creating a real brand & surpassing some of the biggest beverage companies in the world. As underdogs, we always cherish the opportunity to show the world what’s possible.
Now that we’re both fighting for the same team, we truly believe the sky is the limit.
⁃ KSI & Logan Paul

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’m not convinced people are travelling to Wakey Wines in Leeds just for £100 bottles of prime if you do a bit of research on the owner

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This will have passed anyone over the age of 25 by completely.

A little background: there is a hugely popular YouTube channel called The Sidemen. A bunch of blokes in early to mid 20s that make videos of themselves doing challenges and tasks. They’re all doing very well from it. One of them is a boxer/rapper called KSI and he brought Prime out.

The drink was only on sale at Asda and is wildly in demand. Sells out as soon as it hit the shelf. Why they don’t step production up and flog it everywhere I have no idea.

Kids will buy an empty prime bottle at school for like £5 just to pretend they had some. Have got lucky with timings at Asda and bought most flavours for my kids so far. Can confirm they are all disgusting.

It is like fidget spinners were a little while ago and just the latest craze. Will pass by soon enough.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've got bottles of the stuff here - all empty now - picked up in the US where it's available in abundance.

I've not tried to buy it in the UK, but I understand it can be a frustrating pursuit. My son was convinced he was going to return home from the US with a case packed full of stuff and this time next week, Rodney, he'd be a millionaire.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
manufactured hype. some noddy running a cornershop has milked it, claiming huge demand and prices, building up the hype online. kids are dumb i suppose, rather get it (or not) from shop on the way home than supermarket where mum shops.

apparently kids are getting bottles to use as water bottle at school, such is the fad.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My youngest has had a few bottles, but isn't that fussed about all the hype surrounding it - even though he follows KSI, Jake & Logan Paul etc. on social media.
I assumed he would want to keep the bottles when they were empty, but he didn't, so I just chucked them in the recycling bins :shrug:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
KSI and Logan Paul (along with the people behind the scenes doing much of the work) have done exceptionally well. I don't think it's just another fad, I think its quickly become mainstream. They became the 6th largest sports drink brand last year (without a full year of sales) and did $45m in sales in January alone. I expect it'll be bought out by the Coca Cola or Pepsi company in the next few years for close to billions.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Two of my kids were at sainsburys this morning at 7am to buy it but the delivery is not coming until weds night so they are back Thursday morning. Buy it for 2 quid a bottle and sell it for ten quid a bottle at school. It is basically just a crap sugary drink. Ksi and pals are marketing gods. This is the gold dust in schools at the moment.

We are all too old to understand but they kids are all mad for it. I am fortunate that mine focus on sourcing it and selling it rather than being the sucker paying for it.

I expect supply will suddenly improve here soon so it will be everywhere in the supermarkets and then loads of kids like mine will buy loads and lose their market and then learn about how markets die as quickly as they appear.

Now I am off to look at my crypto.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There’s an awful lot of rebadging going on by “influencers”, but celebrity endorsement of existing products is nothing new. George Foreman naturally didn’t design his mega successful grill himself.

One rapper/influencer made a fortune buying Chinese knock off handheld video game consoles in bulk from AliExpress, adding decals and packaging and selling them on at ten times the price.

What irritates me is the blind cynical consumerism of this “must have” 500ml of sugary liquid.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
My lad’s 9 and obsessed with this stuff, or at least obsessed with the idea of it, because as of the weekend he’d never actually had any. And that’s when I rather fúcked up.

Every day last week my wife had taken him to various Asda’s on the way back from school to try and get hold of some, to absolutely no avail. He even came home on Friday in angry tears at his total lack of success. He’s 9 ffs.

My wife, by now feeling somewhat forlorn, decides it’s time for me to take on this painful duty, and so with that, my Saturday morning is defined: drive round the Asda’s of Leeds and Bradford in some vain hope of snaffling a bottle of pop that’s probably not even very nice. And I don’t fancy that.

Thing is, I happen to know the shop round the corner from my house sells the stuff for £15. And I’m thinking that, gratuitously overpriced though that is, I’d rather spend an extra £13 on this stuff than lose my Saturday morning driving a frustrated child round various supermarkets, with little to no chance of a happy ending.

Only trouble is, my wife knows of these £15 bottles, too, and she’s been very clear; “whatever you do, don’t be spending £15 on a bottle of Prime, you daft cùnt”. I also know that my lad can’t lie or keep a secret, so both he and my missus need to believe I’ve only bought a £2 one from Asda. I needed a ruse.

This was the plan: drive to the shop round the corner on the premise of buying a paper, leave my lad in the car, buy a £15 bottle of Prime (and a paper), sneak the bottle into the car, drive to Asda, find they’ve got no Prime, get some diesel from the petrol station and “would you believe it, as I was paying for it they had a single bottle of the stuff, here you go son”, then drive back home to make myself a bacon sarnie, everybody happy and no one any the wiser.

The plan was all going swimmingly until we got to Asda, with my secret £15 bottle already safely in my car. Obviously, they wouldn’t have any - my wife had been told that they put them on sale at about 5:30am, and kids literally queue up at that time to get hold of them. Imagine my surprise when we rock up to the customer service desk to find this - a literal fúcking pallet of the stuff!!

C040807A-D7F0-488F-8783-9D3EE781C3FE.jpeg

Obviously, I can’t let on, so we go ahead and buy another three bottles (the maximum they would allow us to buy). That’s £21 I’ve now spent, most of it unnecessarily, on a fúcking drink that serves only to make a couple of influencers richer.

Nothing I can do now, so we get home, and my lad excitedly unscrews the top of the first bottle (with some help from me, the wimp), takes one swig and says “urgh…that’s horrible”.

Ffs. The things you do…

:mad:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Asda Hollingbury have some in stock right now according to the Prime Tracker app (yes, really).

Seems to be the only verified stock in Sussex right now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
My lad’s 9 and obsessed with this stuff, or at least obsessed with the idea of it, because as of the weekend he’d never actually had any. And that’s when I rather fúcked up.

Every day last week my wife had taken him to various Asda’s on the way back from school to try and get hold of some, to absolutely no avail. He even came home on Friday in angry tears at his total lack of success. He’s 9 ffs.

My wife, by now feeling somewhat forlorn, decides it’s time for me to take on this painful duty, and so with that, my Saturday morning is defined: drive round the Asda’s of Leeds and Bradford in some vain hope of snaffling a bottle of pop that’s probably not even very nice. And I don’t fancy that.

Thing is, I happen to know the shop round the corner from my house sells the stuff for £15. And I’m thinking that, gratuitously overpriced though that is, I’d rather spend an extra £13 on this stuff than lose my Saturday morning driving a frustrated child round various supermarkets, with little to no chance of a happy ending.

Only trouble is, my wife knows of these £15 bottles, too, and she’s been very clear; “whatever you do, don’t be spending £15 on a bottle of Prime, you daft cùnt”. I also know that my lad can’t lie or keep a secret, so both he and my missus need to believe I’ve only bought a £2 one from Asda. I needed a ruse.

This was the plan: drive to the shop round the corner on the premise of buying a paper, leave my lad in the car, buy a £15 bottle of Prime (and a paper), sneak the bottle into the car, drive to Asda, find they’ve got no Prime, get some diesel from the petrol station and “would you believe it, as I was paying for it they had a single bottle of the stuff, here you go son”, then drive back home to make myself a bacon sarnie, everybody happy and no one any the wiser.

The plan was all going swimmingly until we got to Asda, with my secret £15 bottle already safely in my car. Obviously, they wouldn’t have any - my wife had been told that they put them on sale at about 5:30am, and kids literally queue up at that time to get hold of them. Imagine my surprise when we rock up to the customer service desk to find this - a literal fúcking pallet of the stuff!!

View attachment 157398

Obviously, I can’t let on, so we go ahead and buy another three bottles (the maximum they would allow us to buy). That’s £21 I’ve now spent, most of it unnecessarily, on a fúcking drink that serves only to make a couple of influencers richer.

Nothing I can do now, so we get home, and my lad excitedly unscrews the top of the first bottle (with some help from me, the wimp), takes one swig and says “urgh…that’s horrible”.

Ffs. The things you do…

:mad:
My son asked to have cake for breakfast this morning. I said no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here