Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Priest murdered while saying mass in French church nr Rouen

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that as unlikely as it sounds, this murder was done in the name of Islam aka religion of peace.

I concur, and would add that daesh is also an Arabic acronym and not necessarily derogatory.

They could have shouted anything, they're still despicable and cowardly.

Going through here in September, staying in nearby Moulineaux.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that as unlikely as it sounds, this murder was done in the name of Islam aka religion of peace.

But the Quran is a book of peace, don't you know ?

It's a good job it is the Religion of Peace really, if it ever decided to go to War we'd be F***cked.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yet another senseless murder which, to me, shows the futility of religion.

The Archbishop of Canterbury has called for people to 'Pray for Paris'. What a fat lot of good all of this praying is doing of late. Is the Christian god having an extra long nap or just ignoring all of this praying?

During the 1789 revolution the cry from the people went along the lines of "let us not rest until the last king is strangled by the entrails of the last priest."

The death of a priest for those who support the revolutionary principles of egalite, liberte and fraternite will not be mourned but celebrated. The French revolutionaries have been killing their priests (and flock) for hundreds of years.

Strangly Sacre Couer was built by the French authorities following a revolution in Paris in 1871 where the Arch Bishop had his head loped off.......the sentiment of prey for Paris would certainly appeal to that constituency of the establishment but then they would essentially be monarchists.

With a history like they have its little wonder they are f@cked.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
During the 1789 revolution the cry from the people went along the lines of "let us not rest until the last king is strangled by the entrails of the last priest."

The death of a priest for those who support the revolutionary principles of egalite, liberte and fraternite will not be mourned but celebrated. The French revolutionaries have been killing their priests (and flock) for hundreds of years.

Strangly Sacre Couer was built by the French authorities following a revolution in Paris in 1871 where the Arch Bishop had his head loped off.......the sentiment of prey for Paris would certainly appeal to that constituency of the establishment but then they would essentially be monarchists.

With a history like they have its little wonder they are f@cked.

Maybe, unlike the extremists, the French have moved on a bit since 1871.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It really is hard to begin to understand what motivates someone to slaughter a defenceless 84-year-old man while he is saying his prayers.

CoSbsskW8AACJs9.jpg:large

One can only imagine it is to provoke outrage and retaliation?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

It really is hard to begin to understand what motivates someone to slaughter a defenceless 84-year-old man while he is saying his prayers.

CoSbsskW8AACJs9.jpg:large

One can only imagine it is to provoke outrage and retaliation?

I hope the French take to the fing streets after this latest incident. To do this to a priest who is 84 years old is the ultimate insult.

I wish the whole lot would quite frankly **** off, take your backward thinking with you and leave us alone. Europe and the UK was a lot safer, a lot happier before this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Has there been an increase in violence or verbal attacks against Muslims in France over the past few weeks, given the events? I can't imagine public opinion is too warm towards Islam there at the moment.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I wish the whole lot would quite frankly **** off, take your backward thinking with you and leave us alone. Europe and the UK was a lot safer, a lot happier before this.

You don't appreciate we are in a WAR with these people. They want to CONQUER us. In order to remain free we are going to have to fight them.

Muslim immigrants in Britain protest outside French embassy, "We will conquer you, France, America and Britain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T3hRju6Hag

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
At what point do we change our strategy? Are we accepting this daily killing? Are we becoming immune to it and therefore our lives are changed forever? Surely something needs to change. What we are doing at the moment isn't even close to working.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Was happening long before they came to power

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Islamic State is a direct result of Bush and Blair.
They seem to be making good their promise of bringing the war to the west, instead of it being confined to the middle east.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At what point do we change our strategy? Are we accepting this daily killing? Are we becoming immune to it and therefore our lives are changed forever? Surely something needs to change. What we are doing at the moment isn't even close to working.

Our security forces are winning in this country, at the moment, which is why we're not having this atrocities happening here, every day. Long may they continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here