Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Priest murdered while saying mass in French church nr Rouen

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The history of Jihad Eastwards is also another story.

The Ottoman Empire started with the conquest of Constantinople. Islam was also at war with itself immediately after Muhammad's death. Dark Age Christianity has nothing to do with Jesus, but Dark Age Islam has everything to do with Muhammad.

Absolutely true: never mind the war against the West, Muslims are killing Muslims in far greater numbers.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I never said it was "peace loving", nor did I say "gently"

No, you didn't, but I got the impression that you were somehow suggesting it. If you weren't, then I apologise.

Nor am I saying that Jews and Christians were treated as equal to Muslims - they definitely weren't but I am pointing out that they had a legal status that other religions didn't have in the western world - even if, in practice, things weren't as clear cut as that.

Well, I don't know about the West, but Poland being a Catholic country had, since Middle Ages, huge Jewish, Orthodox and Muslim minorities (Polish Muslims by the way, the Tatars, are probably the only case of successful assimilation of Muslim minority in Europe) who lived in freedom and, until 20th century, without discrimination (many of the Jews expelled from Spain, Portugal, and many other contries of Western Europe settled in Poland).

And yes, as I said, the situation started changing in the 20th century and has got progressively worse. I'm not denying the situation now but that's not coming from centuries of Jihad. If that was the case, there wouldn't have been any Jews or Christians left in the Middle East by the start of the 20th century ... and that's far from the case

It is debatable whether the current situation is coming from, or is a direct continuation of, earlier Jihad (probably not). However, the fact that Ottoman Empire was waging Jihad in the name of Allah against many European countries is undeniable; their sultans and generals said that themselves in their speeches and documents about fighting the "infidel dogs" in Lechistan (that's how they called Poland). As I mentioned before, Poland was one of the targets of this Jihad, but you should talk to a Greek or a Serb, because those countries that were enslaved and occupied suffered much more and they would be able to tell you more about the cruelty of Turks towards Christians.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I never have. Its always been assumed. I believe in reasonable controlled immigration, but nobody has ever asked before. The migration from the middle east is a direct consequence of war. A war we effectively initiated as far as IS is concerned. Should people fleeing from war not be offered safe havens?

If this is what you believe, then you have been badly let down, haven't you? I heard on German TV last night that 160,000 were admitted from Syria last year, yet they took in close to a million. As they say, you do the Maths, as to whether the migration, to Germany at least, was due to war. Given that migration from Syria was singularly the biggest, number-wise, then one could not say this was due to Bush or Blair, given that sections of Syrian society are unable to find any sort of compromise, preferring to kill each other and destroy the country in the process. And guess who will pay for the place to be rebuilt!

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
President Hollande wants more Muslim refugees/migrants. The bloke is is an utter retard. Him and Merkel are signing Europe suicide note.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If this is what you believe, then you have been badly let down, haven't you? I heard on German TV last night that 160,000 were admitted from Syria last year, yet they took in close to a million. As they say, you do the Maths, as to whether the migration, to Germany at least, was due to war. Given that migration from Syria was singularly the biggest, number-wise, then one could not say this was due to Bush or Blair, given that sections of Syrian society are unable to find any sort of compromise, preferring to kill each other and destroy the country in the process. And guess who will pay for the place to be rebuilt!

Blair and Bush created ISIS by their actions. ISIS was controlling substantial parts of Syria.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I don't understand this at all?? who are the maniacs? Free Syrian army? Russians? Assad's forces? Daesch?

Well, im talking specifically about ISIS, or Daesh. and there is also Al Nusra.
You were saying this was in effect a civil war in Syria. Since ISIS became involved, they took large swathes of territory in Syria and Im guessing most of them are not Syrian.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You made your point in the context of the French revolution and the traditional/historical French population. I would srongly doubt you would find many of them finding this slaughter 'sweet' :nono:

Don't be so childish, firstly I used the term "bitter sweet" not "sweet". It was not entirely appropriately to use the term in that way.......see example of actual use of the term from Dictionary online.

"The attack on Gaza must be bittersweet for ArabIsraeli MK Hanin Zouebi, known for her support for Gazans."

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bittersweet

As for how the French feel about the clergy I suspect you don't know many French people, and in particular Parisians. France has the lowest practising rate of Christians in Europe. The French revolution is drenched in the blood of the clergy and their followers. The Catholic institution is still treated with upmost suspicion in France, and rightly so. For those who have their "belief" grounded in the spirit of the revolution I think ordinarily they would not be bothered with the murder of a priest.

The murder of a priest by religious extremists.........well that is a poser for them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolutely true: never mind the war against the West, Muslims are killing Muslims in far greater numbers.

'Never mind the war against the West', really? It really will not matter if you tell a Jihadist enemy that you understand, that you have researched the wrongs done by Christianity nearly a thousand years ago, that you voted against Blair and Bush, and that you even demonstrated against the Iraq war. The extremists are here to destroy our culture, they are here to spread terror, they are here to avenge. It matters not that they are wrong, that the majority of Western culture just wants to live in peace with our neighbours. The extremists have no mercy, they have no 'empathy' (boxxocks term anyway), they are here to kill.

The difficult part is telling how you identify them from the the majority of those that do not believe in the same ideals. Tough job, I do not have any revelatory answers, only some that others do not wish to hear. Tough times.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They're not very good at this

1 guy blew himself up and took no one else with him

These two managed to kill one old guy before both getting killed.

Yes. The underlying truth here is these creeps (the 'command/inspirers') know they will never *win* (i.e., turn the whole world into a *caliphate*). So why do the footsoldiers bother? Because the name of the game is do one for Allah and get an endless fill of totty in the afterlife. The AFTERLIFE. Nothing for them here. Yes, only a mug would fall for that bollux, and there are plenty of illiterate pimply mugs ready to fall for it. Ignorance and potent nonsense, combined with an old and nasty psychopath leadership, will keep this pot boiling for quite a long time . . .

Anyone explaining this in terms of the action of Bush and Tony, on the crusades, on anything from the rational world, is barking up a nonexistent tree. The murderer/suicides are not intellectuals, they are weak minded mugs, inspired by people sitting safely somewhere getting vicarious thrills about the lives they command - their followers and the dead.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To true,wouldn't it be great if Isis agreed to knock it all on the head if we just handed these pair of ***** over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a chance in Hell. Do you really imagine the wankers who killed this old man have ever heard of Bush and Tony? Do you really imagine they seek resolution? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here