Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Pretty Vicious PMQ NHS Exchange

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why? I reckon it's important and that it needs it. Where? Across the board. :thumbsup:

so just an open cheque approach. no sense of key areas for improvement, simply spend lots and that'll fix it? it wont.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
so just an open cheque approach. no sense of key areas for improvement, simply spend lots and that'll fix it? it wont.

It's not an open cheque if it's got a number on it is it.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'fix it' - upping spend to £180bn is what's required to maintain current standards - but to be clear the level of funding I'm talking about would be what I guess would be required in order to deliver world-class cradle-to-grave healthcare. But yeah you're right it's not based on anything beyond a hunch. £190bn would probably work? :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely, they will have learnt their lesson from May? Sending Rudd out was the equivalent of the football manager who sits in the stand for cup games and lets the Number 2 play manager before the reserves get turned over by Colchester. Boris will say the wrong thing at some point but everyone is expecting that to happen anyway. If Blair or Cameron said the wrong thing it was big news as they were so polished, Johnson has spouted 'Get Stuffed' 'Pillar boxes' and god knows what else but still remains popular in comparison to Jezza. He would have to have a failure of epic proportions to shift attitudes now.

Well whatever happens it'll be an epic shitstorm that I'll certainly be tuning in to regardless. Don't let Fiona Bruce conduct it though - nobody else would get a word in edgeways.

Johnson v Corbyn. Corbyn actually doing a 'Come On Then!' gesture at Johnson across the house :ohmy: Pretty vicious stuff. You can tell there's an election pending. Crying shame that it'll be Brexit that carries the day.

Everyone said Brexit would dominate the 2017 General Election, it got totally forgotten about.

Journalists are obsessed with Brexit because it’s an easy story to knock out, ordinary people not so much

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Everyone said Brexit would dominate the 2017 General Election, it got totally forgotten about.

Journalists are obsessed with Brexit because it’s an easy story to knock out, ordinary people not so much

i hope you're right because a GE should be about wider policy. however the circumstances and persons involved are different.

i've just read that Labour want to renegotiate then have a referendum within 6 months. so that means nearly another year of the subject, which im sure will be popular.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

That was 2 YEARS ago. The public's heartily sick of Brexit and just want it to go away, one way or the other. Ditto the poor bastid journalists who have to report on Brexit and - worse! - try and explain it day after month after year. Ditto the 50 (and counting) MPs of the current zombie parliament who have suddenly found better things to do with their lives than even contest the next election and subject themselves to another round of the same BS. Even Sky have introduced a Brexit-Free News Channel FFS.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
i hope you're right because a GE should be about wider policy. however the circumstances and persons involved are different.

i've just read that Labour want to renegotiate then have a referendum within 6 months. so that means nearly another year of the subject, which im sure will be popular.

You do understand the approximate timescales for Brexit ?

Revoke Article 50 - immediate
Second Referendum - 6 months
Leave with 'deal' - 5-10 years
Leave with no deal - 40-50 years

If it's about timescales, which do you think will be most popular ?

Last edited:

I’m not convinced there is any deal that would pass a confirmatory referendum because those who voted for “outside London is left behind” reasons want very different things from the “we hate Europe” xenophobes.

Labour in government will prioritise a host of issues above Brexit including rebuilding our economy, NHS, schools, social care etc But a deal will be easy to sort with Europe and people will be free to vote for it. I suspect they won’t as Labour will already be addressing the political alienation that caused the referendum result

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair he is giving the loser Corbyn a chance. He could have just gone for the oh so easy killer blow, “How are you going to fund everything that you are promising to everyone Jeremy?”. End of PMQs for this week.

Indeed that would be a show-stopping 'killer blow' to end any debate (at least, in the minds of the terminally stupid).

It is exactly the line your beloved Daily Mail took in the run-in in 2017, despite Labour's manifesto promises being the ONLY ones that were transparently fully costed :shrug:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Indeed that would be a show-stopping 'killer blow' to end any debate (at least, in the minds of the terminally stupid).

It is exactly the line your beloved Daily Mail took in the run-in in 2017, despite Labour's manifesto promises being the ONLY ones that were transparently fully costed :shrug:

And Labour failed to beat an exceptionally poor Tory party then, looks like history is about to repeat itself!

Jezza, the serial loser?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And Labour failed to beat an exceptionally poor Tory party then, looks like history is about to repeat itself!

Jezza, the serial loser?

Don't pour a brandy and light a cigar too soon, now. ???

Your remorseless vehemence and frequent picture changes whiffs of something. Fear, I think it is. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was 2 YEARS ago. The public's heartily sick of Brexit and just want it to go away, one way or the other. Ditto the poor bastid journalists who have to report on Brexit and - worse! - try and explain it day after month after year. Ditto the 50 (and counting) MPs of the current zombie parliament who have suddenly found better things to do with their lives than even contest the next election and subject themselves to another round of the same BS. Even Sky have introduced a Brexit-Free News Channel FFS.

To be fair a large number of the quitters are sick of the death threats and rape threats. It isn't because they are bored with Brexit. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Talk it out till people realise the king is wearing no new clothes, dumping the missus for the bird with big tits in the chip shop was a fool's errand given she doesn't even know who the **** you are, etc etc. The longer it goes on the better as far as I am concerned. In the long run we become content. Then we die. There is no need to burn everything down because Frank (or Francois) has a bigger nose or a better car. FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here