Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Pretty Vicious PMQ NHS Exchange

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i'd be surprised if Johnson doesnt do TV debates. he loves the limelight, a couple of hours in front of millions of people to waffle on, he'll be up for it.

If he does, and starts spouting all his the weapons-grade bollocks and unsubstantiated claptrap in a live debate, I can imagine Dominic Cummings just off camera with a pronounced vein throbbing at his temple, and the beginnings of an incessant nosebleed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And typically, Boris Johnson avoids answering all questions on Tory underfunding of the NHS and shady discussions to privatise it further and brings it back to the EU.

Cuts in NHS funding?

Attachments

• NHS Funding.jpg
    NHS Funding.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 176

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
And typically, Boris Johnson avoids answering all questions on Tory underfunding of the NHS and shady discussions to privatise it further and brings it back to the EU.

I am not sure I have EVER heard a politician answer the question that was asked.

D

Deleted member 2719

Cuts in NHS funding?

Please don't show them the truth!

Labour is trying to influence the young with project fear again, it's ironic that they try to pin Boris to be the biggest liar.

The difference is Boris is what he is.

Corbyn isn't what he portrays, the man wears the mask of deceit.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Labour is trying to influence the young with project fear again, it's ironic that they try to pin Boris to be the biggest liar.

I assume you're just pasting 'mask of deceit' now to save yourself typing it out for the nth time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Health spending has dropped as % of GDP and hasn't kept up with the minimum required +4%pa, nor is it expected to any time soon.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

That’ll be okay when GDP shrinks by 3 1/2 % in 10 years due to Johnson’s Brexit Bill.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Underfunding was the term I used.

I guess you read what you wanted to read though so carry on.

Very much this. A Google away produces numerous graphs about health, NHS, funding and spending. There are statistics out there to suit eveyones political point of view. Corbyn knows this hence his reply indicated the alarming reduced numbers of new hospitals quoted by this government. In real terms spending has gone down in the last ten years however funding has increased but still underfunded. Complicated is not the word here, it's more than that:dunce:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Problem is , media will mostly see him have a safe passage to victory. Unfortunately, whatever is said and promised.....alot of the general public will vote for him as apparently " his is funny"

This GE campaign will be the most scrutinised in history, particularly as the eyes of the EU are on us.

Corbyn fought a decent campaign last time, and I think that he'll do so again. But how will Boris cope getting it from all sides day in, day out for the next 6 weeks? And this isn't the normal run of the mill General Election exchanges, this is visceral stuff involving DUP and border down the Irish Sea, SNP and Scotland being ignored over Brexit, Labour worried Tories are going to sell NHS to the Yanks, Lib Dems desperate to Remain and out for revenge after a coalition that almost killed them.

And if that wasn't enough, Farage will be sniping throughout now Boris has missed his do or die Hallowe'en EU exit, and I'm sure Sadiq Khan will speak up for London along the way.

What makes it worse for Boris is that he doesn't have too many able deputies to deflect the attacks: Raab is prone to gaffes of his own, Javed lacks charisma, Gove and Mogg too posh to appeal to the Labour Leave seats he craves.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This GE campaign will be the most scrutinised in history, particularly as the eyes of the EU are on us.

Corbyn fought a decent campaign last time, and I think that he'll do so again. But how will Boris cope getting it from all sides day in, day out for the next 6 weeks? And this isn't the normal run of the mill General Election exchanges, this is visceral stuff involving DUP and border down the Irish Sea, SNP and Scotland being ignored over Brexit, Labour worried Tories are going to sell NHS to the Yanks, Lib Dems desperate to Remain and out for revenge after a coalition that almost killed them.

And if that wasn't enough, Farage will be sniping throughout now Boris has missed his do or die Hallowe'en EU exit, and I'm sure Sadiq Khan will speak up for London along the way.

What makes it worse for Boris is that he doesn't have too many able deputies to deflect the attacks: Raab is prone to gaffes of his own, Javed lacks charisma, Gove and Mogg too posh to appeal to the Labour Leave seats he craves.

I admire your optimism.

If Boris doesn't walk it I'll eat my hat.

Still, back when Obama and Cameron were leaders I predicted on here that Trump would become prezzi, that the UK would vote 'leave' and that Corbyn would become PM.. . . . .what price the only part of that I'd not mind will be the one that doesn't come to pass?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Vote Boris, kiss goodbye to the NHS

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

To be fair he is giving the loser Corbyn a chance. He could have just gone for the oh so easy killer blow, “How are you going to fund everything that you are promising to everyone Jeremy?”. End of PMQs for this week.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

So your choice is either Boris who is what he is, a liar

Or

Corbyn who wears a mask of deceit.

A liar to the very core of his being, you define him by it. Or someone who uses deceit as a mask?

I know which I would choose.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here