Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston North End vs. Burnley FC

COMEONYOUWHITES

Apr 21, 2016
Preston fan here. Trust me this is a big game for us up here in Preston and many of our younger generation of fans see this as 'The Derby' due to our similar league position over the past 20 years.

Beating these lot and putting Brighton in the driving seat would complete a fantastic first season back in the Championship. Hope we can do you boys a favour

COMEONYOUWHITES

Apr 21, 2016
We seem to play better against the top teams too which could go in our favour.

Our HTH record against the top 3 is as follows....
Played 5. Won 1. Drawn 3. Lost 1. Conceded 1. Scored 2.

You will be happy to know our win came against Burnley.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Preston fan here. Trust me this is a big game for us up here in Preston and many of our younger generation of fans see this as 'The Derby' due to our similar league position over the past 20 years.

Beating these lot and putting Brighton in the driving seat would complete a fantastic first season back in the Championship. Hope we can do you boys a favour

I'm going to be glued watching the match on Friday supporting you lot. Any Preston players who could do Burnley any harm?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We seem to play better against the top teams too which could go in our favour.

Our HTH record against the top 3 is as follows....
Played 5. Won 1. Drawn 3. Lost 1. Conceded 1. Scored 2.

You will be happy to know our win came against Burnley.

We only managed a 0-0 at your place. Considering we'd just tonked Leeds 4-0, Preston can obviously hold their own against the better teams.

COMEONYOUWHITES

Apr 21, 2016
I think we will see Beckford and Garner starting upfront together for the first time since our 4-0 play off win at Wembley which is a huge boost for us. I know league 1 is a different level but them 2 together simply got us promoted.

I think Grayson will set out to frustrate Burnley, as we did at Turf Moor and at Brighton, then hit them on the break.

Tough game but Grayson usually gets it right when it matters.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm hoping for an ill-tempered win for Preston.

Barton loses his head and gets sent off in the first half, Andre Gray has to go off after receiving a rough tackle (that rules him out two games) and Joe Garner scores twice.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think we will see Beckford and Garner starting upfront together for the first time since our 4-0 play off win at Wembley which is a huge boost for us. I know league 1 is a different level but them 2 together simply got us promoted.

I think Grayson will set out to frustrate Burnley, as we did at Turf Moor and at Brighton, then hit them on the break.

Tough game but Grayson usually gets it right when it matters.

Your second string keeper - he's shite isn't he? :down:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Joe Garner is a player who I really like; annoying, aggressive and a massive wind up merchant.

Love to see him get under Barton's skin.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
A draw is still good, because we brushed aside QPR everyone is taking that as a gimme for Burnley, they are incredibly tenacious but are winning or drawing by small margins what if that small margin went against them and they drew against QPR? Suddenly we could be 4 points ahead going into the final match.[/QUOTEQPR proved that they are no mugs in the first half v us didnt they ??, and on their day can beat just about every championship tam , even boring burnley !

COMEONYOUWHITES

Apr 21, 2016
Screenshot_20160421-150540.png

Yeah Garner is a wind up merchant. Attached is a picture of him winding dingles up at Turf Moor this season.

Our second strong keeper is Kirkland and to be honest we haven't had a strong goal keeper since Pickford went back to Sunderland.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I am worried that Preston are making too much noise about this game, and that Burnley will coolly and clinically pick them off.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Adam Michael Reach (born 3 February 1993) is an English professional footballer who plays for Preston North End on loan from Middlesbrough. He plays on the left flank, primarily as a winger. He also can play as a full back.

Maybe he can do Boro and Albion a favour?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here