Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston North End vs. Burnley FC

Apr 5, 2016
The one team we don't struggle against locally, generally, is Preston. They are usually full of goals, and we usually win. Having said that, I'm sure we will strangle the life out of this one.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Having kept in touch closely the last few Boro and Burnley games, and been pissed off with all the crucial last minute goals, I am just going to look at the final score at the end of this game.

Less painful and I might get a pleasant surprise.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we both then drew our next game, we would be behind them at the end on GD if we finished level on points.

IF IF IF IF IF

I like positive IFs. Why would we draw our next game? We are VIOLATING teams at the moment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
IF IF IF IF IF

I like positive IFs. Why would we draw our next game? We are VIOLATING teams at the moment.
As Hiney gave a scenario where our GD was better, I was just pointing out that it would need to be even better than that.

Another way of saying it (which you may prefer) would be:
If we both then won our next game by the same margin, we would be behind them at the end on GD if we finished level on points.

Boro1986

Mar 29, 2014
Massive one for all involved, praying for a draw as it could mean we don't need a result against you lot to go up, which I think both of us would be extremely pleased about!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Lancashire grudge match. PNE are not going to roll over...oh no no no.

Burnley, on the other hand, will be shitting like big black Alsatians I'd say. Nerves could be t' twelfth man thar know.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm going to the game with friends who are Preston fans. This is a big game for Preston - and for us!

Good move. Give them a cheer from all of us. Big fan of Preston, me - I can name 3 of their likely starting 11, me - that's how big a fan of theirs I am. *Nods^

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Who have Preston got that could deck Barton? I suppose Grayson not giving him the ball back could cause a ruckus.

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
How many times have you actually played them in the last 5 years?

edit: The answer is twice.

In the last 5 seasons? 4 times. 3 in the league, 1 in the league cup. We won 3 of those 4 - the loss being the most recent.

In the defeat at Turf Moor Preston beat us at our own game, soaked up the pressure and hit us on the break. The weather in that game was something special and certainly didn't help us, but it was the same for both teams so that's no excuse.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Burnley will win this comfortably.

Its Boro i think who are more likely to implode if anyone

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the Preston game is the only chance we have for Burnley to drop points.

True, but in reality, a draw doesn't do much good to us anyway. A Preston win on the other hand would be absolutely fantastic news.

Burnley will win this comfortably.

Its Boro i think who are more likely to implode if anyone
I have to say I'm almost resigned to our only chance of promotion beating Boro, and that is assuming we are still within 3 points of them. I think they'll beat Ipswich and Birmingham, which means we will have to beat Charlton and Derby. Obviously if Boro do drop points in either of their games then we can afford to lose or draw to Derby and still have a chance.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
True, but in reality, a draw doesn't do much good to us anyway. A Preston win on the other hand would be absolutely fantastic news.

I have to say I'm almost resigned to our only chance of promotion beating Boro, and that is assuming we are still within 3 points of them. I think they'll beat Ipswich and Birmingham, which means we will have to beat Charlton and Derby. Obviously if Boro do drop points in either of their games then we can afford to lose or draw to Derby and still have a chance.
A draw is still good, because we brushed aside QPR everyone is taking that as a gimme for Burnley, they are incredibly tenacious but are winning or drawing by small margins what if that small margin went against them and they drew against QPR? Suddenly we could be 4 points ahead going into the final match.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Dyche is a nasty, bitter little man. I sat in the directors box for our away game at Burnley this year, and that is only 4 rows of seats behind the home team dug out. Dyche was constantly, and I mean constantly bitching at the fourth official, he hardly coached his team at all, seriously. His language was Anglo Saxon, his players are frightened of him, his behaviour is not that of a coach who is reacting to what's happening on the pitch, orchestrating tactical changes, encouraging and driving on his team. I have never witnessed a more disgusting display from a manager, he is filth.

Contrast that with Our Chris.

Footnote. And when Bobby bundled the ball home in the first minute, we did check away directors box etiquette with Bloom and Barber who were sat directly behind us, and they were going pwoppa 100% mental. So we did too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here