Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Press Conference TONIGHT

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I do think that will be how it's done - when we do get an update. I imagine they will announce a new manager at the same time they tell us about Gus leaving (if he is leaving). The PR team will be wanting to do this to try and turn a potential negative into a positive...

Highly unlikely I would have thought - that's not how things happen. I would think if they were going to unveil new manager the old one would be gone a while before, but this is quite an unusual situation, so anything could happen.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When was anything "leaked" from a press office

Loads of things. I remember working in a government press office and 'accidentally' leaking a report that we wanted covered but didn't want to do so officially. And I've been the recipient of a few 'leaks' too.

But you don't leak press conferences though - this sounds nonsense to me

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Highly unlikely I would have thought - that's not how things happen. I would think if they were going to unveil new manager the old one would be gone a while before, but this is quite an unusual situation, so anything could happen.

Definitely agree that this isn't how it would usually happen but this is an unusual situation as you say. Normally a manager gets sacked or goes elsewhere and it is announced straight away - they then go searching for another manager. Gus has been suspended for 2 weeks now and it may well be that they've come to an agreement that he will leave - but both parties will remain silent until a replacement is lined up...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Definitely agree that this isn't how it would usually happen but this is an unusual situation as you say. Normally a manager gets sacked or goes elsewhere and it is announced straight away - they then go searching for another manager. Gus has been suspended for 2 weeks now and it may well be that they've come to an agreement that he will leave - but both parties will remain silent until a replacement is lined up...

IMO, they wouldn't announce two things at the same time because as soon as the first is announced, any press present would have questions about it, and you couldn't have another manager sitting there thinking this is supposed to be about me and all they're bothered about is the last man and poogate, what on earth have I come in to ?".

No, can't see it.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
I think we have a bit more time to wait. If anything, there would be another statement pointing out the results of the internal investigation and Gus's future.

Surely if a new manager had been lined up, there would be movement in the betting markets and an outright favourite would have emerged by now.

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
apparently he wants to do a radio interview and apologise to fans and he'll remain as manager - according to @leaguecontacts on twitter

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think we have a bit more time to wait. If anything, there would be another statement pointing out the results of the internal investigation and Gus's future.

Surely if a new manager had been lined up, there would be movement in the betting markets and an outright favourite would have emerged by now.

You don't hold a press conference to release a statement, IF there is a press conference.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Football rumours site.....ill stop getting excited now

Yeah, nothing to see here....... lets move on.

Football rumours is a crap site, but it does give me a laugh sometimes.

We would start on the 3/8/2013 with some of us playing if they sold all the players that were said on there :nono:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
apparently he wants to do a radio interview and apologise to fans and he'll remain as manager - according to @leaguecontacts on twitter
mmm not sure what to make of that account. He does seem to have had the jump on a couple of stories recently but only has 143 followers.....

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No its football insider making the tweet... think it s a new tweeter

Just looked at his tweet history and hes been pretty much wrong with every tweet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here