Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Premium Bonds - prize pool increased again - you ever have any luck?

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
£400-ish since I started middle of last year which isn't bad in the scheme of things.

I've always thought that one of the best jobs in the world must be being the person who rings up on the 1st of the month to forewarn people who've won a million.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Is this the official website to buy Premium Bonds

I would like to buy some but being a sceptical old man I do worry that it could be a scam website.:unsure:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Is this the official website to buy Premium Bonds

I would like to buy some but being a sceptical old man I do worry that it could be a scam website.:unsure:
Yep, well done to you for being cautious online.

That is indeed the correct ns&I premium bonds website.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Yep, well done to you for being cautious online.

That is indeed the correct ns&I premium bonds website.
I set up a Premium Bond account online for my mum. It was bloody scary using her debit card to transfer £35k to them.....afterwards I realised I should have done a small test transfer first😳 I was sweating for a while I can tell you 😬

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I set up a Premium Bond account online for my mum. It was bloody scary using her debit card to transfer £35k to them.....afterwards I realised I should have done a small test transfer first😳 I was sweating for a while I can tell you 😬
Exactly the way i have done it. £25 to start with. I am so unbelievably nervous when it comes to any online transactions or even speaking to any financial advisor. This all stems from when a bank manager lied to me about taking out PPI for a loan. He knew he was not telling me the truth but still insisted I took out the insurance.
May I ask, has your mum had any luck with her bonds?

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Exactly the way i have done it. £25 to start with. I am so unbelievably nervous when it comes to any online transactions or even speaking to any financial advisor. This all stems from when a bank manager lied to me about taking out PPI for a loan. He knew he was not telling me the truth but still insisted I took out the insurance.
May I ask, has your mum had any luck with her bonds?
Yes, I don't know what I was thinking tbh. It could easily have been a cloned site. I'm usually ultra cautious but was probably in a hurry. I dodged a bullet there😳

Mum's done well, winning £25-200pm currently, about 4% pa so not bad at all. Obviously could get a bit more elsewhere but there's always a (very small) chance of a big win!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, I had to invest a huge chunk of money for my step dad and put it into one of their bonds. The money left his account but I didn’t get an acknowledgement or receipt. Nothing happened for a week so I spent hours on the phone trying to track the money down with their call centre who could not trace it without me going to his bank and getting some code that they could use to track it down whilst its investing was pending. They did say they had a backlog and if the money had left his account then they will have received it. I wasn’t convinced and was cracking my pants for a while. I complained and got some compensation out of them for their poor processes and lack of customer care.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Usually win £25 - £50 per month although haven't won for two months so expecting to win the big one in July. Had money in for a year now and have won around £600 in that time.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Premium bonds rate increased yet again for the August draw, from 3.7% to 4%.

The main change for this draw will be the prize probability increasing from 24,000 to 1 to 22,000 to 1.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here