[Albion] Premier League Summer Series - Philladelphia, Atlanta and New Jersey 22-28/7/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Plan:

Friday 21st July: Fly LGW to JFK, then Amtrak to Philadelphia
Saturday 22nd: Game vs. Chelsea, 7pm
Sunday 23rd: Spend time in Philadelphia
Monday 24th: tbc
Tuesday 25th: Travel to Atlanta
Wednesday 26th: Game vs. Brentford, 5.30pm
Thursday 27th: Travel to New York
Friday 28th: Game vs. Newcastle, 7.30pm
Saturday 29th: New York
Sunday 30th: Fly JFK to LGW
There MLB on the 24th, Philadelphia Phillies at home to Baltimore Orioles.

Personally Baseball isn't my cup of tea, but you can't beat drinking bear and eating hotdogs in the sun.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Tempted to drive down to either NJ or Philadelphia, as they're only 7-8hrs each way.
Being a brit in North America is hilarious because nobody here bats an eyelid at a 7-8 hour drive in one shift. I've left work on a Friday at 3pm and driven 7 hours to revelstoke to snowboard saturday and sunday, to drive back 4/5pm Sunday another 7-8 hours.

Back home, I can't convince my mates to drive from Saltdean to Worthing for the day! I'm driving to Santa Cruz for Christmas (16 hours each way), my family think i'm crazy

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
but you can't beat drinking bear
1681232099723.png

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Red Bull Stadium Harrison is about 25 minutes from downtown NYC on the PATH train, then a short walk from Harrison station. Some decent bars and Portuguese restaurants in Harrison / Newark and quite a bit cheaper than Manhattan
Ironbound district in Newark is where you want to go for the Port/Braz Rodesio restaurants and bars. There is NOTHING and I repeat Zero in Harrison. Tidy IKEA like stadium close to the train station. See you all there in the summer. Hot and sticky July in Philly and NJ. I'm open to all enquiries from those planning to travel.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Being a brit in North America is hilarious because nobody here bats an eyelid at a 7-8 hour drive in one shift. I've left work on a Friday at 3pm and driven 7 hours to revelstoke to snowboard saturday and sunday, to drive back 4/5pm Sunday another 7-8 hours.

Back home, I can't convince my mates to drive from Saltdean to Worthing for the day! I'm driving to Santa Cruz for Christmas (16 hours each way), my family think i'm crazy
Just waiting for the Newcastle date to be confirmed before the 14 hour round trip gets scheduled :laugh:

Last holiday we had in Florida, we were on a boat trip and there was a family from Alaska there we got chatting to - they thought nothing of the 24 hour drive down apparently and did it every year.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Personally Baseball isn't my cup of tea, but you can't beat drinking bear and eating hotdogs in the sun.
If I go I'd certainly take in the Nationals at the NY Mets as that series spans 27-30 July.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Just waiting for the Newcastle date to be confirmed before the 14 hour round trip gets scheduled :laugh:

Last holiday we had in Florida, we were on a boat trip and there was a family from Alaska there we got chatting to - they thought nothing of the 24 hour drive down apparently and did it every year.
Alaska to Florida. 5 days of 14 hours a day. 2 days to get from Alaska (Anchorage) to Vancouver.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You could argue that six English football clubs traveling to the US to play each-other is saving the planet.

But you would be wrong.
I’m pointing out our sponsors, such as American Express, where we get huge sums from, expect these things - usually contractually. It is hypocritical to talk about climate change issues by limiting it to our own actions. Without the money, we pay less tax, less tax means less contributing into schemes to save the planet.

A flight out to America and back is the least of the world’s problems. Let’s talk about Chinese and Cambodian sweatshops producing more pollution than a million flights, with their government offering zero help in climate changing initiatives from their taxes.

Just pointing out things aren’t as black as white as the comment I replied to. In the grand scheme it’s pennies from heaven.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
They will compete in a total of nine matches between Saturday 22 July and Sunday 30 July at stadiums in Atlanta, GA, Harrison, NJ, Orlando, FL, Philadelphia, PA and Landover, MD

GA = Georgia, NJ = New Jersey, FL = Florida, PA = Pennsylvania, MD = Maryland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

4.7K miles. Drive time 77h. Driving steadily for 12 h a day, you would be into your 7th day before you arrived.

Someone was winding you up, perhaps?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Plan:

Friday 21st July: Fly LGW to JFK, then Amtrak to Philadelphia
Saturday 22nd: Game vs. Chelsea, 7pm
Sunday 23rd: Spend time in Philadelphia
Monday 24th: tbc
Tuesday 25th: Travel to Atlanta
Wednesday 26th: Game vs. Brentford, 5.30pm
Thursday 27th: Travel to New York
Friday 28th: Game vs. Newcastle, 7.30pm
Saturday 29th: New York
Sunday 30th: Fly JFK to
Estimate of costs for that tour ? Inclu Hotels

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
The Brentford game is going to be 2nd string + U21,s.
Less than 48 hours before the Newcastle game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports