Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League Summer Series - Philladelphia, Atlanta and New Jersey 22-28/7/23

Amcdermottroe

Mar 28, 2023
Burgess Hill
Plan is to fly into Philadelphia internal flights to Atlanta and then to New York. Debating weather to stay a couple extra days in San Fran, there’s a few baseball games on in the cities were in too which will be great to catch.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Plan is to fly into Philadelphia internal flights to Atlanta and then to New York. Debating weather to stay a couple extra days in San Fran, there’s a few baseball games on in the cities were in too which will be great to catch.
Blimey, a 13 hour round trip by air for a couple of days stay...Hope it's worth it

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
The only reasonably priced airlines in the US are Avelo, Frontier, Spirit and maybe Southwest if you catch a sale. 2023 is going to be very expensive to fly. Pilots just got a 34% pay raise.

The key to low cost air travel in the US is book online, don't bring a bag and don't worry about where you sit. If those conditions exist, you're golden on Avelo, Frontier, Spirit.

There is a new "low cost" carrier Norse Atlantic - I think from Gatwick to New York worth looking at. Same conditions as above to fly cheap.
Roundtrip from LA to Atlanta is coming in at $800 USD so you're not wrong haha. Prices going through the roof and airline status/miles becoming less and less useful.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

That's a lot of travel in a short amount of time.

Fair enough if you really want to go to SF but there are a number of cities on the East Coast/Midwest that would be a lot easier to travel to/from and you would have a great time.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Roundtrip from LA to Atlanta is coming in at $800 USD so you're not wrong haha. Prices going through the roof and airline status/miles becoming less and less useful.
Yes, it is becoming increasingly costly with the Big 3 Airlines working to avoid each other other than a few big routes. Atlanta is a fortress for Delta, so nothing longer haul is going to be cheap. Any options connecting? Allegiant, Avelo, Breeze, Frontier, Spirit or Sun Country? Good luck.

Last edited:

Nicks

Just a quick update on the game in Atlanta.
My brother is a STH there and they have gone in presale today over there to them.
Cheapest seats are about £45.00 for the double header , so you can boo Cucurella again etc after watching our game.
Ticketmaster are doing the tickets so there will be a handling charge etc.
You can drink beer in the stands which I'm looking forward too. Link below to give you an idea of prices etc.
Hope it works !!

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Some ticket details from the club:

Will it be PotG?

Phili.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I struggle to understand why anyone would make a special trip to the US to see an exhibition match.

Save your money for the European tour next season
Particularly as we're playing other PL sides.

I wish we'd been playing some MLS sides instead.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Just a quick update on the game in Atlanta.
My brother is a STH there and they have gone in presale today over there to them.
Cheapest seats are about £45.00 for the double header , so you can boo Cucurella again etc after watching our game.
Ticketmaster are doing the tickets so there will be a handling charge etc.
You can drink beer in the stands which I'm looking forward too. Link below to give you an idea of prices etc.
Hope it works !!

Our section looks pretty full already, unless they've held some back for us.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The links from the Albion site now working for Philly and New Jersey/York games. The Red Bull Arena ticketmaster seat map doesn't seem to have an Albion section like the other grounds currently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here