Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League Summer Series - Philladelphia, Atlanta and New Jersey 22-28/7/23

Nicks

What's the ball park figure for return flights ? I'd be amazed if I could actually afford to go but what a cracking tour that is.
We went through American Airlines Multi City and got flights to all three games for £1300.00.
Fly to Philadelphia on Weds 19th then fly up to Atlanta on the 23rd then fly back down to NY on the 27th and fly back overnight on the 29th.
Flights both in and out from Heathrow

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
I’m pointing out our sponsors, such as American Express, where we get huge sums from, expect these things - usually contractually. It is hypocritical to talk about climate change issues by limiting it to our own actions. Without the money, we pay less tax, less tax means less contributing into schemes to save the planet.

A flight out to America and back is the least of the world’s problems. Let’s talk about Chinese and Cambodian sweatshops producing more pollution than a million flights, with their government offering zero help in climate changing initiatives from their taxes.

Just pointing out things aren’t as black as white as the comment I replied to. In the grand scheme it’s pennies from heaven.
I agree about the hypocrisy criticising flying while ignoring other polluting activities, but don’t agree about the basis of your argument. If I rob a bank and give some of the money to the government to stop bank robberies, it’d be far simpler not to rob them in the first place.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
We went through American Airlines Multi City and got flights to all three games for £1300.00.
Fly to Philadelphia on Weds 19th then fly up to Atlanta on the 23rd then fly back down to NY on the 27th and fly back overnight on the 29th.
Flights both in and out from Heathrow
Is your map upside down? :lol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So basically from the helpful posters that have posted flight costs to all the games add on spending money and accommodation 3k for the complete tour should be enough if you stick to one pie and a pint per game, obviously you could splash out and have a Hotdog but it looks possible to keep it below the 3k.

Blimey when I think about it I'm dead keen then I think about the costs I'm a bit hmmmm,think I'll ask the Welsh government to donate as they're currently giving cash away to worthy causes left right and centre 😁

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So basically from the helpful posters that have posted flight costs to all the games add on spending money and accommodation 3k for the complete tour should be enough if you stick to one pie and a pint per game, obviously you could splash out and have a Hotdog but it looks possible to keep it below the 3k.

Blimey when I think about it I'm dead keen then I think about the costs I'm a bit hmmmm,think I'll ask the Welsh government to donate as they're currently giving cash away to worthy causes left right and centre 😁
Bit less than that I reckon - £1k flights, £500 hotels if you’re not too fussy plus whatever else you spend…….although don’t know what each match ticket will cost. In my experience any sports event in the US is expensive even by PL standards

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Don't forget some health insurance

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Booking.com your best bet for cheaper hotels. AirBnB another alternative especially if you have a larger group or can arrange sharing of some kind.

Harrison is really Newark & Newark Airport - so search there. I would encourage Newark Airport for safety purposes. Both as dreary as shit. Stadium is easy and cheap from NYC on PATH or NJ Transit but hotel costs 3x Newark (so balance it out).

Lincoln Financial Field is located between the City and Airport, so either will do in terms of hotel search altho clearly the City has much more going for it. There is a subway from the city to the stadium (easy and cheap).

I'm happy to make more suggestions. TripAdvisor best for reviews on hotels.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Could be in for the Atlanta game. Been 4 years since we moved from the area and I am now in Florida so its either an 8 hour drive or a short 1.5 hour flight.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I can see Man Utd, Arsenal and, yes, Wrexham have confirmed some US tour details thus far.

I have a feeling Wrexham will get the biggest true American crowds. The people who need to be won over by football/soccer. It is a huge phenomenon over here.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I don't agree, the options of getting to different cities in the US are numerous. Plenty of international carriers and plenty of domestic routes. It one of the few destinations that often have seats available using points.

Many US airlines are filling seats at the last minute in the summer. I once traveled from Chicago to Denver for less than $100 on American Airlines round trip.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
if you stick to one pie and a pint per game, obviously you could splash out and have a Hotdog but it looks possible to keep it below the 3k.

No pies, except dessert pies. In Philly it's a cheese steak.

1681323507779.png

A cheesesteak (also known as a Philadelphia cheesesteak, Philly cheesesteak, cheesesteak sandwich, cheese steak, or steak and cheese) is a sandwich made from thinly sliced pieces of beefsteak and melted cheese in a long hoagie roll.[1][2] A popular regional fast food, it has its roots in the U.S. city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.[3]

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
There's really only one train route that has multiple trains per day The Amtrak Acela. The train goes from Boston-New York-Philadelphia- (same track as New Jersey Transit commuter trains)Washington-Baltimore.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
There's really only one train route that has multiple trains per day The Amtrak Acela. The train goes from Boston-New York-Philadelphia- (same track as New Jersey Transit commuter trains)Washington-Baltimore.
Acela is absurdly expensive and laughably slow vs. European High Speed. Just use 1970s Amtrak services which are just plain slow and reasonably affordable for a 1970s train experience. The USA doesn't do trains well.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Many US airlines are filling seats at the last minute in the summer. I once traveled from Chicago to Denver for less than $100 on American Airlines round trip.
The only reasonably priced airlines in the US are Avelo, Frontier, Spirit and maybe Southwest if you catch a sale. 2023 is going to be very expensive to fly. Pilots just got a 34% pay raise.

The key to low cost air travel in the US is book online, don't bring a bag and don't worry about where you sit. If those conditions exist, you're golden on Avelo, Frontier, Spirit.

There is a new "low cost" carrier Norse Atlantic - I think from Gatwick to New York worth looking at. Same conditions as above to fly cheap.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The only reasonably priced airlines in the US are Avelo, Frontier, Spirit and maybe Southwest if you catch a sale. 2023 is going to be very expensive to fly. Pilots just got a 34% pay raise.

The key to low cost air travel in the US is book online, don't bring a bag and don't worry about where you sit. If those conditions exist, you're golden on Avelo, Frontier, Spirit.

There is a new "low cost" carrier Norse Atlantic - I think from Gatwick to New York worth looking at. Same conditions as above to fly cheap.
Think Norse mostly took over planes and routes that Nowegian previously operated before it ceased operations - apparently some of the same executives involved.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Harrison, NJ is home to the New York Red Bulls
I was a season ticket holder at NYRB from 2016-2018 when Jesse Marsch was manager and Bradley Wright Phillips was playing for them. MLS is not the greatest league in the World but it gave me my fix for watching live footie and RB Stadium is quite a good ground, I think Brighton fans will be reasonably impressed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here