Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League ST prices

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I reckon more than that. About 25%.

I reckon that the cancellation rate could be high in that case, can you imagine a guy pays for his family of four and is now presented with a bill the cost of another season ticket and we are already the most expensive in the championship. I know my family have struggled this year to pay with the current increases.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
I asked the club when moving seats to see if there was a cool of period and had an email back saying that anyone can cancel their ticket up until the 1st August and would receive a refund on any payments all ready made.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I accept what your saying about an increase, but I don't understand how they can come along and say that the £400 ST we sold you in good faith, you now have to give us another £100. Where would this situation happen in any other business?

Its not like any other business tho is it. It's the stuff of dreams.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I reckon that the cancellation rate could be high in that case, can you imagine a guy pays for his family of four and is now presented with a bill the cost of another season ticket and we are already the most expensive in the championship. I know my family have struggled this year to pay with the current increases.

If the cancellation rate is high their will be more then enough demand to take over the season ticket. Unfortunately if we made the PL the club will have no problem selling out STs. One of the evils of making it to the Premier League.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Looking at last years clubs who were promoted, it could be anywhere between 16% and 30 odd %. Although I would say no more then 15%

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
All I took from that interview was Barber making a point of saying 'fans' at every opportunity. I'm pleased he did.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can't believe it would go up very much. Would already be getting 4 less games a season. Which if you take £500 as an average price, already works out an extra fiver per game.

What you say is quite true. But will the Club see it that way?. The opportunity to ply one's trade in the Premier League is like a ticket to the promised land. I think there will be an even greater demand for tickets, however high the Club prices them. The Club could make mega bucks out of this.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Hmmm, sounds like the Club wants to have its cake and eat it.

When I had a season ticket every season at Gillingham and Withdean, it was explicit that we were paying over the odds due to the financial situation of the club. IE we agreed to pay MUCH more than the market would hold; because the Albion is more important than 'supply and demand'.

If Albion are promoted next month, they will receive a massive boost in TV income. Yet it seems they'll want to say that we should pay more, due to supply and demand.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmmm, sounds like the Club wants to have its cake and eat it.

When I had a season ticket every season at Gillingham and Withdean, it was explicit that we were paying over the odds due to the financial situation of the club. IE we agreed to pay MUCH more than the market would hold; because the Albion is more important than 'supply and demand'.

If Albion are promoted next month, they will receive a massive boost in TV income. Yet it seems they'll want to say that we should pay more, due to supply and demand.

I believe it might have something to do with paying better players, higher wages, to play at that level?

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I believe it might have something to do with paying better players, higher wages, to play at that level?

If the playing budget increased by more than the billion trillion squillion pounds of tv money we'd get as extra income, I'd be worried. And I don't think 22,000 people paying £50 more (one meeelion pounds in total) would be what keeps the club's head above water (or within the bounds of FFP regs).

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I would hope that what the club would do, in a gesture of goodwill, given that if we went up the level of lolly splashing around in the club funds would grow immensely, is freeze the ticket prices for our first season in the PL, but make it explicit that prices WILL increase in 14/15 regardless of what league we are in. Seems the fairest way to me. We've already started paying for 13/14 so it seems a bit off to just bolt on additional costs after we've started paying - as I assume they'd want to take a larger payment in June to cover what we haven't paid in April and May?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here