Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Covid party players... what shoud happen?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
If they've broken the law, and its proven, £10k fine for the players, and a decent fine for the clubs. THe Fa should do that. The Governement should be having a word with the Fa as well. At the very least each player should have to self isolate for 10-14 days, test negative, and a 3 match ban maybe . . .

The suggestion of revoking visas for foreigners is the kind of bollocks I'd expect Farage to come out with.
Similar situation in Australia with big parties on beaches and Goverment saying they might revoke visas on foreigners who attended during lockdown.

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011
If it is associated with a club having to postpone a game due to players who attended being covid positive, then the club should have to forfeit the game.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Some players are as thick as pig shit, who knew?
Personally, im disappointed our captain was involved, and our reaction to it wasnt hard enough.
These players are role models to lots of people, and should take this responsibility more seriously.

If you think players are role models you will only end up be disappointed, many top flight players simply don't give a monkies about the fans and hence their behaviour.
The club's run scared of the players and won't enforce any serious punishment as they want the player's on side.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
More generally the whole approach to enforcing the COVID rules has been far too weak. Asking nicely for people to put a mask on should be the first week or two then strong fines. High profile heavy fines would at least attempt to redress the issue that the Cummings situation (plus the other politicians who did similar) helped create. Strong action at the time would have been a strong message to many.

FA need to look at Fulham who on the one hand are saying they have a COVID problem and on another have a player who openly broke the rules. The other PL clubs need to raise this.

FOX hunting continues with groups of unmasked people congregating together not a sport, not essential and certainly not following any rules but generally supported by the more wealthy.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
A ban, plus £10k fine for first hour spent at party, £100k for second hour etc...the w*ankers can afford it.

If they stayed seven hours it’d cost ‘em £10,000,000,000.

I suppose it’d teach them about exponential growth. :)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Similar situation in Australia with big parties on beaches and Goverment saying they might revoke visas on foreigners who attended during lockdown.

I guess the principal is the same, but there's a slight difference between going on holiday to party on the beach on masse when you know its idiotic and illegal ( I agree, send them straight home) and a small private gathering of residents in a town/city

Where you draw the line betwixt the 2 is the grey area . . .we're not quite in 1984 territory. Yet!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I want the players banned and clubs reminded about controlling their players. Games in future not be cancelled and regardless of number of squad players ill then the u23 have to play. If a club can't fulfil a fixture 3-0 loss and docking of 10 points. That would focus the minds of these rich little pricks (I include any of our team that think it's ok to break the rules)

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Proper bans like the SFA did to Celtic and Rangers players minimum 6 games, club fines are limited to two weeks but FA aren’t limited so make it 6 weeks wages to be given to NHS charities. Obviously they can appeal but then watch all elements of the media turn against them. Let every player know next ban is 9 games with no forgiveness. Clubs to forfeit games if players caught (if both clubs no points and -3 goal difference each)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I want the players banned and clubs reminded about controlling their players. Games in future not be cancelled and regardless of number of squad players ill then the u23 have to play. If a club can't fulfil a fixture 3-0 loss and docking of 10 points. That would focus the minds of these rich little pricks (I include any of our team that think it's ok to break the rules)

I have got to the stage where I would agree with this approach. Never mind an entitled fans thread, the entitlement amongst a section of players is second to none. All games need to be played as scheduled from now on.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Just enforcing the rules the PL put in place would be good.

Why are games being postponed? It’s a ban by default plus teams will be weaker.

No games should be postponed because of idiot players , if you cant field a safe team you forfeit the game , see how they like them apples .:angry:

Sorry Sea Eagle , i posted before reading all the thread

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
6 week ban from all football whilst they work in the community.

Players should be made to face a fans Q&A panel without their agents, advisers and PR people present.

Players and all those present to face criminal charges

Proportionate fines to be given to NHS

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
They should all be banned and fined. No excuses whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here