Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Covid party players... what shoud happen?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
More generally the whole approach to enforcing the COVID rules has been far too weak. Asking nicely for people to put a mask on should be the first week or two then strong fines. High profile heavy fines would at least attempt to redress the issue that the Cummings situation (plus the other politicians who did similar) helped create. Strong action at the time would have been a strong message to many.

FA need to look at Fulham who on the one hand are saying they have a COVID problem and on another have a player who openly broke the rules. The other PL clubs need to raise this.

FOX hunting continues with groups of unmasked people congregating together not a sport, not essential and certainly not following any rules but generally supported by the more wealthy.

You only have to go past Lewes skate park each day, almost always 20-30 kids using it or sat around the perimeter and no social distancing in this (cough) Tier 4 lockdown.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Benjamin Mendy: Man City 'disappointed' after defender breaches Covid-19 protocols

Why aren’t they “furious, embarrassed and going to make an example of this dickhead”?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Your manager actually spoke very well (MOTD) on the subject and didnt whitewash over the situation.

He did, but I’m disappointed he was picked in the first place. I hope the club go public over any punishment he should receive.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Players won't be bothered if they are fined a couple of weeks wages. It has to a deterrent that will have an impact be it a long suspension or points deduction meaning players that break the rules will really pick up the ire of their club owners, managers, team mates and the fans. When you look at what some clubs are doing to reduce the risk, Wolves for example are having the club chefs supply players with food boxes so they don't need to go shopping it takes the piss that other clubs are almost turning a blind eye to players breaking protocols and picking the guilty players in the next match.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
In what way ?

I want to leave

nope, we want £10 million and not a penny less

Breaks covid rules - 10 point deduction - how about now?

No

Breaks covid rules - another 10 points.

etc etc

There are rules already in place, the PL are not enforcing them for some reason - Pep said he didn't want the game cancelled.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
It’s a legal matter isn’t it ? They have broken the law so is nothing to do with the PL nor the clubs

So is taking drugs . if players get tested for taking cocaine they get banned. so they should get some sort of ban for breaking covid restrictions .

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Considering Football is an industry that has been allowed to continue, footballers taking the piss by not conforming to the rules is embarrassing football in eyes of the public.

Should be 2 week isolation and a fine/ban for bringing the game into disrepute.

If any Brighton player broke the rules to party I'd be livid at them.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I want to leave

nope, we want £10 million and not a penny less

Breaks covid rules - 10 point deduction - how about now?

No

Breaks covid rules - another 10 points.

etc etc

There are rules already in place, the PL are not enforcing them for some reason - Pep said he didn't want the game cancelled.

Sadly the player will just be a puppet. It’s the agent who will be doing the talking/threatening

Slightly OT - am I the only one who thinks Robbie Savage is in the incriminating photo of the Spurs/West Ham selfish bas***** ?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Seeing as none of those players look to be holders of British passports, and they have committed a criminal offence, revoke their visas. Other players might actually take note in the future.

Great idea. Uk passport holders should be sent to Australia.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
The players need to sort this out.
If I was a player in one of those teams who was adhering to the rules I would be well pissed off.
They have put the health of their teammates families at risk too.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If I was a player in one of those teams who was adhering to the rules I would be well pissed off.

Not enough Roy Keanes or Gary Nevilles in the PL any more

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Could always report to the police as a crime has been committed, there’s plenty of evidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here