Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
So... can plucky Citeh defy the odds and get something from this game versus the mighty Champions of Europe

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We’ve actually only lost the same no. of games as Liverpool & Arsenal at home this season. Our problem hasn’t been losing at home like Fulham or Sheff Utd, it’s been turning draws into wins. Therefore the odds are probably reflective that at home, other than the freakish Palace result, performances have been good generally.

Not sure performances always come into a bookies calculations..to my mind Everton are clear favourites on their away form and out hone form (based on results) ...we shall see come Monday eve

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Does VAR not bother against Leeds?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Not sure performances always come into a bookies calculations..to my mind Everton are clear favourites on their away form and out hone form (based on results) ...we shall see come Monday eve

Their last 2 aways were defeats to Chelsea and West Brom. I’m not going to get all argumentative though, how about slight favourites?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
‘Guardiola has very publicly said he loves his battles with his mentor Bielsa’

Next sentence

‘Guardiola has never lost to a Bielsa team’

Funny that :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bloody Leeds get to play Citeh without De Bruyne, Gundogan, Foden, Mahrez, Walker and Ruben Dias. Now they're 1-0 up too.

Is anyone else also concerned about Sterling? Looks like his form is dipping just as we approach the Euros.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bloody Leeds get to play Citeh without De Bruyne, Gundogan, Foden, Mahrez, Walker and Ruben Dias. Now they're 1-0 up too.

Is anyone else also concerned about Sterling? Looks like his form is dipping just as we approach the Euros.

He’s been poor all season, well out of form but he’s one of the Southgate favourites so he’ll play no matter what

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Peter Walton says Cooper tackle should be a yellow card, VAR says red, off he goes.

Walton is stealing a living from BT Sport.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Peter Walton says Cooper tackle should be a yellow card, VAR says red, off he goes.

Walton is stealing a living from BT Sport.

I’m with Walton, poor decision by VAR and Mariner. Won the ball, wasn’t excessive force, maybe a high so a foul and yellow at most.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
On first viewing I thought it looked a dodgy tackle, out of control and reckless. Red for me all day long

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So if the ball is off the ground you can’t tackle? He won the ball, barely even made contact with the city player, it’s another judgement call made by the referee interfered with by VAR, another decision that goes in the column of ‘could be/couldn’t be’ so just go with the referees first opinion, any tackle slowed down like that looks bad.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Tbh i agreed with the red card. He did take the ball but went studs up through the ball into the side of Jesus' knee. Could have easily been a nasty injury there & by the laws of the game thats a red. Its one of those one's where it feels harsh given he got the ball first but it'll go down as reckless.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I’m with Walton, poor decision by VAR and Mariner. Won the ball, wasn’t excessive force, maybe a high so a foul and yellow at most.

Morally I agree with you but even I know the rules are that if you have both feet off the ground, your studs are up and you catch the player above the ankle it's deeemed reckless and therefore a straight red.

Walton should know the frigging rules by now.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
More importantly if the red was given for a violent tackle , it will likely be a 3 match ban , which rules him out of the game against us . Good news as he’s an important player for Leeds .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here