Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are some unhappy fans on that site.

One thing I was surprised about was the amount of criticism of Parker. I thought the general opinion was that he'd done his best with a poor hand but there were people queuing up to have a pop ... with little support for him.

I'm not sure who could have done much better TBH, there are few non-PL quality players in that team

The previously hated Khan’s went bonkers in signing “names”, especially last October, so they now get off the hook. Inevitably the manager is the only remaining punchbag.

Parker to me is a bit of a rarity (with Potter), in being humble, no zzzz mind games and none of the childish touchline aggression towards the fourth official. He got them promoted with lovely football.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I’ve argued about him before, on here. I really just can’t see it. Great athlete. Bang average footballer.

There are Fulham fans with a similar opinion:

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=80944.0

Every forum has posts moaning about every player, especially if a team's not winning. Potter's all about improving players and, although Robinson still has stuff to learn, I think that he has the potential to fit our style. His athleticism would suit what we want from wing backs and Solly could teach him how to cross. (As soon as someone has taught Solly).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't get why Fulham are being written off. I mean, I get why people might think them catching us is unlikely, but they are three points behind Newcastle and have to play Newcastle.

Yeah, I know they've lost their last however many games, but look at us, 9 without a win, then we go and win 3 in 4 including games against Liverpool and Tottenham. Our win against Southampton came after 3 losses on the bounce (and six without a win). Our last two wins were against teams Fulham have to face. As well as losing to us, Liverpool shipped 7 v villa, lost to Burnley, Southampton, and Fulham. Arsenal haven't won in four, and have drop points to Wolves, Burnley and Southampton.

Yes, Newcastle have two games in hand, but they are also 4th bottom for a reason. They haven't won in 7, have lost to us, sheffield utd, and dropped points at west brom.

No, it isn't in Fulham's hands at the moment, but there's still reason to be positive for Fulham. As long as they stay within 3 points of Newcastle, there's still hope.

Cue: Newcastle beating Burnley and West Ham.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't get why Fulham are being written off. I mean, I get why people might think them catching us is unlikely, but they are three points behind Newcastle and have to play Newcastle.

Yeah, I know they've lost their last however many games, but look at us, 9 without a win, then we go and win 3 in 4 including games against Liverpool and Tottenham. Our win against Southampton came after 3 losses on the bounce (and six without a win). Our last two wins were against teams Fulham have to face. As well as losing to us, Liverpool shipped 7 v villa, lost to Burnley, Southampton, and Fulham. Arsenal haven't won in four, and have drop points to Wolves, Burnley and Southampton.

Yes, Newcastle have two games in hand, but they are also 4th bottom for a reason. They haven't won in 7, have lost to us, sheffield utd, and dropped points at west brom.

No, it isn't in Fulham's hands at the moment, but there's still reason to be positive for Fulham. As long as they stay within 3 points of Newcastle, there's still hope.

Fulham had been on a decent run of form, but failed to actually pick up many points.
With Wilson out for Newcastle, Fulham had the opportunity to pile the pressure on and have failed to do so.

A 3 point gap and two games in hand is a pretty strong position, particularly with Wilson back in the team.
Newcastle are past masters at doing just enough and are far more likely than Fulham to pick up a couple of wins.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

I still think it’s going down to the last game of the season between Fulham and Newcastle.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I agree about RLC. Apparently his parent club have him on huge wages, so are kind of trapped with him. Little end product, his career has drifted since his England caps.

Palace broke him.

He was a very talented young player, destined for the heights, until he went on loan to the soul sucking cess pit that is Selhurst Park.

The same will happen to Batshuyi.

Beware all talented young ‘uns looking for easy money.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Palace broke him.

He was a very talented young player, destined for the heights, until he went on loan to the soul sucking cess pit that is Selhurst Park.

Is this the same Loftus-Cheek who’s excellent form whilst on loan at Palace was rewarded with his first senior call-up to the England squad for their fixtures against Germany and Brazil in November 2017? :)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Fulham have been an odd team to watch during 2021. They have scored the same amount of goals at Craven Cottage as Burnley.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
There are some unhappy fans on that site.

One thing I was surprised about was the amount of criticism of Parker. I thought the general opinion was that he'd done his best with a poor hand but there were people queuing up to have a pop ... with little support for him.

I'm not sure who could have done much better TBH, there are few non-PL quality players in that team

Always makes me chuckle when people moan about some of our fans on here as if it's just an Albion thing. All clubs' message boards the world over will be the same when things aren't going well.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I would much rather Fulham stay up than Newcastle for purely selfish reasons (nice day out by the river etc), but if it means
that that annoying ***** on BBC's Pointless suffers, then I'm not that bothered.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Is this the same Loftus-Cheek who’s excellent form whilst on loan at Palace was rewarded with his first senior call-up to the England squad for their fixtures against Germany and Brazil in November 2017? :)

You're not going to prove anything around here with an argument that is based on Gareth Southgate' s judgement.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Palace broke him.

I’ve watched them a few times this season plus the games against us and he’s been their stand out player to me. I thought he out muscled our midfield and gave Alzate a hard time in particular.

Take the wages and expectations out of it and he’s a very good PL player. As an example, him and Bissouma in the same midfield would be quite the partnership imho.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes but how many of our fans believed they’d pretty much get 2 ppg and we’d get 0 for our final 10!? Football fans not exactly objective thinkers generally.

I know. Like I tried to reassure some on here who were panicking about Fulham at the time and as I consistently said on the many 'who will go down' threads, the only three wins they actually picked up in their little 'revival' out of the 5 wins all season were at home to rock bottom Sheff Utd, away to Everton who have been awful at home for a while and away to Liverpool who are incredibly average this season and shocking at home recently. None of those wins were particularly surprising or impressive.

They've been poor for the vast majority of the season really, have now lost 4 in a row and have Arsenal and Chelsea up next. Down.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Always makes me chuckle when people moan about some of our fans on here as if it's just an Albion thing. All clubs' message boards the world over will be the same when things aren't going well.

Except in Iran. And South Africa.

Have you seen what happens to the club’s social media posts?!

The likes of AJ and Percy Tau are incapable of anything other than Messi-like genius, apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking at Everton’s away record this season and our dismal home form..together with league positions I am a tad surprised that the longest odds are for an Everton win

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Looking at Everton’s away record this season and our dismal home form..together with league positions I am a tad surprised that the longest odds are for an Everton win

We’ve actually only lost the same no. of games as Liverpool & Arsenal at home this season. Our problem hasn’t been losing at home like Fulham or Sheff Utd, it’s been turning draws into wins. Therefore the odds are probably reflective that at home, other than the freakish Palace result, performances have been good generally.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We’ve actually only lost the same no. of games as Liverpool & Arsenal at home this season. Our problem hasn’t been losing at home like Fulham or Sheff Utd, it’s been turning draws into wins. Therefore the odds are probably reflective that at home, other than the freakish Palace result, performances have been good generally.

Exactly.

Most teams home form has suffered this season due to covid. It’s surprising some don’t grasp this. Granted we want to improve the results (and boy, we’ve deserved to win probably all our home draws), but it’s hardly an Albion thing only.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I had a good read of that Fulham messageboard after last night's defeat and two things struck me:

1. The fans are knowledgeable and grounded.
2. They seem unanimous in thinking they will go down. Indeed, most seem to have moved on and are already talking about their chances in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here