Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Huge huge result:

1. The points implication is huge
2. This was one of the absolute 100% must win games for Fulham
3. Mentally that is a hammer blow for Fulham. Absolutely devastating way to lose.

Very pleased tonight!

Yes - the manner of the defeat was a real sickener for FFC....players crying at the end! You don't normally see that until the last day of the season. It's a funny old game, but they've now lost 4 in a row and don't look like scoring. Only two shots on target against one of the poorer teams in the league, in a must-win game....

theboybilly

Fulham's remaining fixtures:
Home - Burnley
Newcastle United

Away - Arsenal
Chelsea
Southampton
Manchester United

They need 3 wins from 6 (when they've only mustered 5 from 32 so far)
3 more points for the Albion would be very difficult to overtake. I think Fulham's only chance is to keep Newcastle within a couple of points

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
It was a bit of a rerun of Leeds win at Craven Cottage a few weeks ago.

Fulham start out decent , are saved by a tight tight VAR going their way , fade to lose in second half.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was a bit of a rerun of Leeds win at Craven Cottage a few weeks ago.

Fulham start out decent , are saved by a tight tight VAR going their way , fade to lose in second half.

There's a lot of it about!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
As Hoddle has just said, spectators will stop going to grounds unless something is done about VAR....he said supporters will just stay home and watch on TV, as we all know inside a gound no one know what the hell VAR are doing.

He also said it should be the foot not sleves....

Maybe painted football shirts is the answer!

footy shirts.jpg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Not going to help his players

It's his players that have done it to him. Areola's been one of his best players all year and then gets beaten at his near post in injury time in the next game after their late collapse against Villa. After seeing our lot go so close, so often and then find a way to lose it this season, I have a bit of sympathy with how they must be feeling. Football can be a cruel horrible game sometimes.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Should Fulham drop, I can see Andersen, Areola and Lookman being acquired by EPL clubs.

When I've seen them this year I've generally been impressed by Antonee Robinson. Direct runner and good defender. Only 23. Does anyone know a team who might want a left back?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I've seen them this year I've generally been impressed by Antonee Robinson. Direct runner and good defender. Only 23. Does anyone know a team who might want a left back?

I’m always overly cautious when players prove themselves in the EPL, in a relegation club.

You just know that old Steve Parish, Gold and Sullivan will pop up offering £120k a week.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Wolves' goal came down the right wing. No sign of left-back Robinson at the key moment. Not for me, Clive.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I’ve argued about him before, on here. I really just can’t see it. Great athlete. Bang average footballer.

There are Fulham fans with a similar opinion:

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=80944.0

Robinson might be the worst player in the PL. His skill is that of a child. He relies purely on energy and athleticism. He is so bad and kills so many attacks. There is a reason he always finds himself open (and Tete). Teams dont need to respect those parts of the field.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The agents of Maja, Aina, Lookman, Loftus-Cheek, Andersen, Lemina and Areola have a potentially busy few weeks ahead.

Should Fulham drop, I can see Andersen, Areola and Lookman being acquired by EPL clubs.

Andersen maybe, Areola possibly - but what does Lookman actually ever do? And Loftus-Cheek is one of those players that plenty of people seem to rate but who seldom contributes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Andersen maybe, Areola possibly - but what does Lookman actually ever do? And Loftus-Cheek is one of those players that plenty of people seem to rate but who seldom contributes.

I agree about RLC. Apparently his parent club have him on huge wages, so are kind of trapped with him. Little end product, his career has drifted since his England caps.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

There are some unhappy fans on that site.

One thing I was surprised about was the amount of criticism of Parker. I thought the general opinion was that he'd done his best with a poor hand but there were people queuing up to have a pop ... with little support for him.

I'm not sure who could have done much better TBH, there are few non-PL quality players in that team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports