Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-10/12/23

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I almost feel sorry for Palace.

(Normal service will be resumed shortly).
I don't ha ha but it's totally random when the refs card the slowing down of a free kick l, hardly ever against the big clubs, and the second looked no more than a free kick.
Eff 'em I say

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't ha ha but it's totally random when the refs card the slowing down of a free kick l, hardly ever against the big clubs, and the second looked no more than a free kick.
Eff 'em I say
Evidence ?

I agree with the commentators. The combination of both offences doesn't warrant a sending off.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Commentators have been bleating, but Palace have been using the 'foul to stop a counter' tactic the whole game and for once the ref's had the balls to give the standard yellow card for the offence to someone who had already been booked.
Would we say that if one of our players had been sent off ?

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Shocking decision to send off Ayew for that challenge. Obviously hard to feel sorry for them but there is no way the ref would send off a Liverpool player for that imo. Unconscious big team bias in full effect again

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Shocking decision to send off Ayew for that challenge. Obviously hard to feel sorry for them but there is no way the ref would send off a Liverpool player for that imo. Unconscious big team bias in full effect again
The foul by Konate a few minutes later was more deserving of a card, yet elicited little more than a smirk from the referee

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
But he hasn't been sent off for that challenge. He's been booked for that challenge.

More fool him if he commits a bookable offence when already on a yellow.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Oh, joy! They've let a lead slip. A player set off with a suspension incoming. Their keeper's picked up a niggle and come off.

Mind the gap, chaps.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
palace bring on their second string keeper who's only played in the monkey tennis league. This is where the keeper rotation works

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here