Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-10/12/23

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Pre VAR you'd have said no foul there, good decision to give the pen, but Hughes didn't touch the ball, so has to be a foul and no penalty.

Oh and taking far too long. Far, far too long.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Referee watches it 20+ times and changes his mind, absolute nonsense.

How can something be a clear and obvious error if it takes 20+ times watching it in slow mo to decide you’re wrong?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I mean it is the correct decision, it's a foul on Endo, but just takes too long.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The foul on Endo wipes out the penalty then. I assume it wipes out the yellow for VVD?

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Actually for me that is what VAR is for, that would have been a really bad mistake otherwise. Hughes (I think) went right through him and kicked him from behind.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Actually for me that is what VAR is for, that would have been a really bad mistake otherwise. Hughes (I think) went right through him and kicked him from behind.
I think if it was the critical challenge in a penalty, fine, overrule. But it was just in the buildup, it was hardly a blatant error, it's just VAR intervening where it didn't need to.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Let’s be honest that’s one of those that because it’s palace it’s correct decision and no arguments, if that’s us we’d say that’s very very soft, especially by the parameters of ‘clear and obvious’ for me if the referee has to watch that many times then by definition it can’t be obvious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here