Very bad defending that.

Edit: palace also finally having a sing song

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not sure you can moan too much about both kick-off times.

If you are saying 7:30 is too early, and 8:15 is too late, it doesn't leave much in between does it?

Didn't there used to be 7.30 evening kick offs as routine back in the day? I'm sure I remember 7.30 games at the Goldstone. 8.15 is a pisstake though. It's just a little bit later in theory. A much increased chance of away fans not being able to get home by train or (if it happens to us) shitty journies back to London or connection to Coastway West in reality. The half hour makes a difference.

Thursday's game has caused ructions at ours already. My son is 13. He's supposed to be in bed by 9.30 but we'll stretch it to 10 at weekends. Wife wasn't happy about the prospect of a Brighton game finishing even later than that on a school night and he wasn't happy about the prospect of missing a second.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought CP might do this, if there’s one team that don’t need to change shape down to 10 men, it’s them.

Every match is set out with a dogged, mass defence of 8 players. Leaving Ayew, Townsend and Zaha to pick teams off of the counter. Always pace to burn at FB.

We hate them, but that’s worked for 7 PL season, a classic counter attacking game, with pace in several positions.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Didn't there used to be 7.30 evening kick offs as routine back in the day? I'm sure I remember 7.30 games at the Goldstone. 8.15 is a pisstake though. It's just a little bit later in theory. A much increased chance of away fans not being able to get home by train or (if it happens to us) shitty journies back to London or connection to Coastway West in reality. The half hour makes a difference.

Thursday's game has caused ructions at ours already. My son is 13. He's supposed to be in bed by 9.30 but we'll stretch it to 10 at weekends. Wife wasn't happy about the prospect of a Brighton game finishing even later than that on a school night and he wasn't happy about the prospect of missing a second.

Yep - plenty of sides did kick-off at 7:30 - not sure if many do any more.

I think for most 7:30 is fine, and possibly preferable to 7:45, although some will need every minute they can get for a dash from work.

8:15 is going to cause trouble for a lot of folk and makes train travel very difficult for many fixtures. I did wonder if this round of midweek games had all been scheduled as "local"-ish games based on tonight's games and knowing Liverpool play Everton tomorrow, but it's not - Man Utd v Spurs for example.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I thought CP might do this, if there’s one team that don’t need to change shape down to 10 men, it’s them.

Every match is set out with a dogged, mass defence of 8 players. Leaving Ayew, Townsend and Zaha to pick teams off of the counter. Always pace to burn at FB.

We hate them, but that’s worked for 7 PL season, a classic counter attacking game, with pace in several positions.

I think our approach to away games this season will play into their hands with the way they play. Hopefully GP will be wise to it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here