[Albion] Premier League 29/4 - 2/5/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I understand what you’re saying, but momentum is so important in my view. Look at how we reacted on NSC collectively to two losses on the bounce. The players feel it too, it’s human nature.

Fight and effort is the minimum, confidence to take that shot believing you’ll score, or try that cross instead of recycling to the fullback, is the real match winner a lot of the time.
Yes, so I said I don’t want Everton to win as they will be full of confidence - and momentum… so you agree?! I’m confused. They’ll be fighting for their lives regardless but I don’t want them to go into that game with a win tonight and confidence is what I was saying…

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
They're slating the penalty miss but only because Maddison went straight down the middle and Pickford stood tall. Normally the keeper would dive with the pen being scored

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yes, so I said I don’t want Everton to win as they will be full of confidence - and momentum… so you agree?! I’m confused. They’ll be fighting for their lives regardless but I don’t want them to go into that game with a win tonight and confidence is what I was saying…
On the other hand, they haven’t given two good performances back to back this season…

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They're slating the penalty miss but only because Maddison went straight down the middle and Pickford stood tall. Normally the keeper would dive with the length being scored
This :lolol: I was just thinking that.

Calvert-Lewin took exactly the same penalty. Most keepers head off in one direction. Pickford used his initiative, it wasn't a bad penalty.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Calvert-Lewin took exactly the same penalty. Most keepers head off in one direction. Pickford used his initiative, it wasn't a bad penalty.
Not sure if Maddison was trying to send it down the middle. Looked like he changed his mind at the last second

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I thought it was poor. Salad did the same yesterday, but it was a rocket into the roof.

Maddison had that Albion-of-old look of a very unconfident penalty taker.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought it was poor. Salad did the same yesterday, but it was a rocket into the roof.

Maddison had that Albion-of-old look of a very unconfident penalty taker.
Things is, you very rarely see keepers stand their ground on these down the centre takes. Risky business though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Attachments

• 6FC09AE0-B125-4633-8F1C-A16B5F75E22D.png
    6FC09AE0-B125-4633-8F1C-A16B5F75E22D.png
    477.2 KB · Views: 41
  • AA0E8A04-60DB-4079-A1B8-9A47B91E62C5.png
    AA0E8A04-60DB-4079-A1B8-9A47B91E62C5.png
    516.8 KB · Views: 40

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like the centre route for pen taking, in the PL it seems rare.
Yep - was a bit of a freak one there. I’ve seen countless low to the corner ones saved - rarely one in the middle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports