Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 25-27/8/23

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Man city given a pen for exactly the same handball situation as the one we should have been given yesterday. Not even a hesitation.
No it wasn't. The West Ham players arm was down, preparing to brace himself as he slid to ground. The Sheffield Utd players arm was up in the air away from his body. It's a small difference, but it has been a key difference for quite a while.

(Yes, yesterday's was a lot more similar to the Lewis Dunk one, but the Lewis Dunk one was the wrong decision, it shouldn't have been given, and we shouldn't expect refs to keep wrongly giving it just because they wrongly awarded one against us).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Equaliser for Sheffield United. United player in an offside position, so will be deemed 'controversial', but I don't think he had any impact on the keeper, but City will claim he did.

And now City have retaken the lead.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Equaliser for Sheffield United. United player in an offside position, so will be deemed 'controversial', but I don't think he had any impact on the keeper, but City will claim he did.

And now City have retaken the lead.
Surely if he is that close to the keeper, he must be interfering with play?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He wasn't in the keeper's eyeline, he wasn't challenging the keeper, it didn't look to me that the keeper took him into account at all (i.e. he didn't move to cover the offside player - if he had, he may have saved the shot), he didn't stop the keeper from getting to where he needed to stop the shot, the shot was just placed in outside the keeper's reach.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought that last week with two Wolves players in front of Steele when Wolves scored, it would 100% have distracted him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Didn’t have control of the ball so how can it be a goal scoring opportunity? That’s a yellow card all day, never a red.

You should probably have a quick read of the laws of the game to be honest

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I know it’s early days but I think this could be the most open Premier League for years.
Man City and Arsenal look nowhere near as good as last year. Man Utd are all over the place, Chelsea under Poch haven’t impressed.
Liverpool don’t look great. Out of the so called big teams Only Spurs and Newcastle look good,

Could be an interesting season for us !

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So is everyone now coming round to my thinking ?

Maccalister is a top 8 epl player no way top 4 or league winning standard. Good player but not great in premier league terms

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here