Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 25-27/8/23

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Ten Hag looking annoyed with the officials at the end.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I'm flabbergasted with today's result against Arsenal and done you a favour. I had us going down by 2 or 3. We need to keep Palhinha as we're running out of defenders getting red cards. Could have won it at the end as well. Some dodgy pro Arsenal reffing decisions.

Brok

Bork. I meant Bork.
Dec 26, 2011
Aaaaaand... here we go again.

I will laugh like a drain if the Blades beat City this afternoon. The others? Not that bothered either way.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Man city given a pen for exactly the same handball situation as the one we should have been given yesterday. Not even a hesitation.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I thought that type of “handball”, with the player sliding in wasn’t supposed to be given. Absolutely no consistency.
There won’t ever be consistency on this unless they say anytime it touches the hand or arm it is handball.

The law as it is asks the referee to interpret whether the arm/hand is in a natural position for the action the defending player is currently performing. E.g. arms are pumped forwards and backwards when running and trail the body of sliding in to block.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It was virtually a carbon copy of ours yesterday

I suppose it was slightly different as his arm was in the air - but still basically a naturally trailing arm when a defender slides in like that. Not sure where else he is meant to put his arm - if he sticks it alongside his body, then he's going to damage himself when he lands.

I think refs need some guidance on this really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here