Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Premier League 24-26/2/23

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
BBC stat .

Fulham have lost 20 of the last 21 home games when they have conceded first .... That sounds like a lot.
Aye certainly does..the OP is probably not that confident now

Fulham really are missing the Serbā€¦.last couple of games they donā€™t look half as good as the previous matches Iā€™ve seen them on the box

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A question to fellow nscā€™ers ā€¦..

ā€¦. do you think Fulham will actually want to play football in the second half?

My instinct is that their awful bad luck with head injuries this season, will improve after half time.
As it would have done against us if any one of the 35 touches in their penalty area resulted in a goal.

Oh and they had 8 touches in ours.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A question to fellow nscā€™ers ā€¦..

ā€¦. do you think Fulham will actually want to play football in the second half?

My instinct is that their awful bad luck with head injuries this season, will improve after half time.
I really wanted a good game last weekend. That is not sour grapes at all - Iā€™d have said the same if weā€™d won or drawn. They really were anti football. All the podcast previews etc everyone was saying what a great game of football it will be - it wasnā€™t at all. I can only think Mitro missing really affects them - is there room for Palace and them in the league as both one man teamsā€¦?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As it would have done against us if any one of the 35 touches in their penalty area resulted in a goal.

Oh and they had 8 touches in ours.
Of course.. butā€¦ the game! That game! Only one team tried to play - you must have been there and seen it? Youā€™re being a bit pro Fulham or just your usual little scamp self šŸ¤£

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really wanted a good game last weekend. That is not sour grapes at all - Iā€™d have said the same if weā€™d won or drawn. They really were anti football. All the podcast previews etc everyone was saying what a great game of football it will be - it wasnā€™t at all. I can only thing Mitro missing really affects them - is there room for Palace and them in the league as both one man teamsā€¦?
Emery and Silva ā€¦. anti football cheats.

In layman's terms ā€¦. c@nts.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course.. butā€¦ the game! That game! Only one team tried to play - you must have been there and seen it? Youā€™re being a bit pro Fulham or just your usual little scamp self šŸ¤£
A minor degree of scamp, sure.

But the amount of pearl clutching over this is rather getting on my tits.
They did a number on us and we let them.

They aren't the first team, they most definitely won't be the last.

I'd imagine we spent the afternoon being a Fergie's United fan or Pep' Barca fan or Wenger's (actually not that) invincibles fan.

They couldn't play us so they didn't play us, but unlike the above we still couldn't beat them.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I really wanted a good game last weekend. That is not sour grapes at all - Iā€™d have said the same if weā€™d won or drawn. They really were anti football. All the podcast previews etc everyone was saying what a great game of football it will be - it wasnā€™t at all. I can only thing Mitro missing really affects them - is there room for Palace and them in the league as both one man teamsā€¦?
I agree completely, I go to the football for entertainment and the game last weekend was abysmal to watch.

If we'd lost an end to end exciting game, I'd have said fair enough, well played; whereas what we witnessed was horrendous timewasting, slowing the game down, and the officials inexplicably not doing much about it. To top it all off they only added 6 minutes injury time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A minor degree of scamp, sure.

But the amount of pearl clutching over this is rather getting on my tits.
They did a number on us and we let them.

They aren't the first team, they most definitely won't be the last.

I'd imagine we spent the afternoon being a Fergie's United fan or Pep' Barca fan or Wenger's (actually not that) invincibles fan.

They couldn't play us so they didn't play us, but unlike the above we still couldn't beat them.
Donā€™t agree myself scampy - donā€™t think itā€™s clutching, think itā€™s true. They were lucky to ā€˜do a jobā€™ I feel and we expected them to give us a game of football. Yes, we didnā€™t finish our chances, but that wasnā€™t helped by piss poor tactics and refereeing. Like to think Iā€™m honest when we lose / win whatever.

And tonight also reminds me how some posters donā€™t appreciate the overall decent Amex atmosphere - I give you Fulham - a perfect ground for away atmo and youā€™d think homeā€¦

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree completely, I go to the football for entertainment and the game last weekend was abysmal to watch.

If we'd lost an end to end exciting game, I'd have said fair enough, well played; whereas what we witnessed was horrendous timewasting, slowing the game down, and the officials inexplicably not doing much about it. To top it all off they only added 6 minutes injury time.
The players go to games to win.

The ref was appalling but no worse than the appalling ref for Villa or Forest.
So it's probably fair to say the ref wasn't appalling and that it's the laws which are.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Donā€™t agree myself scampy - donā€™t think itā€™s clutching, think itā€™s true. They were lucky to ā€˜do a jobā€™ I feel and we expected them to give us a game of football. Yes, we didnā€™t finish our chances, but that wasnā€™t helped by piss poor tactics and refereeing. Like to think Iā€™m honest when we lose / win whatever.
A fair few posters have said they expected a decent game, I genuinely have no idea why.
I'm still peed off from they way we played them up there and expected more of the same.
I had that loss down as a mixture of Typical GPott and Mitrovic being Mitrovic.

To that end I expected us to lose, and when Mitro wasn't on the team sheet, I was even more sure the game was going to be ugly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here