Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-23/1/22

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Would be very overdue, he's been dreadful. The best hope of Watford staying above Newcastle is for them to sack Ranieri, so a decent result this

Surprised the trigger happy Pozzo family have given Ranieri this long. Shirley he'll be gone soon.

Jimmy Grimble

Norwich had 2 shots on target!

They’ve improved but have been a bit fortuitous in their two wins.

I still don’t think they have anywhere near enough quality to stay up but I hope to be proven wrong.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Can't believe Norwich have got out of the bottom three.

but have played two games more, than Watford and Norwich and 5 more than Burnley, who they play next.
With such a discrepancy with number of games played at the bottom the order of the bottom 5 is very deceptive. Giraffe's excellent tracker and table show a more realistic positioning,

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I liked Norwich's kit.

I think what I might find funny, is if Newcastle got out of the relegation zone, we got lots of 'we're gonna be safe now, no going back, onwards and upwards' talk and press. Then Burnley play their games in hand and send Newcastle back into the bottom 3.

I say 'might', because I don't know how happy I'd be with burnley staying up...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I liked Norwich's kit.

I think what I might find funny, is if Newcastle got out of the relegation zone, we got lots of 'we're gonna be safe now, no going back, onwards and upwards' talk and press. Then Burnley play their games in hand and send Newcastle back into the bottom 3.

Let me help. I think the absolute merriment from Newcastle going down would far outweigh a moment of disappointment that Burnley stayed up. Eventually it would dawn on you that Burnley would still be there just to go down next season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I liked Norwich's kit.

At least we can be almost certain that one of those 2 is going down. Hopefully both.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What's happened to our boy (well, formerly our boy) at Norwich - it in the squad at all. Is he injured or what? I thought he was one of their better players earlier in the season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What's happened to our boy (well, formerly our boy) at Norwich - it in the squad at all. Is he injured or what? I thought he was one of their better players earlier in the season.

Matthias Normann? Injured, back very soon.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wonder what the worse GD and survived has been?

Norwich currently 17th -32GD.

I had to look this up and found to my pleasure that there was no easy google-able answer so I had to check all the PL league tables:

Wigan -42 in the 2009/10 season, worse than all of the relegated teams that season.
And then there is a big jump to Huddersfield and Bradford both staying up on -30.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here