Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 2-5/1/23

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
As someone said... cultural stuff. Just take the Everton game... they were in desperate need for some energy from their surroundings and I barely know if the sound is on or not until they concede and start moaning about their team. For the majority of the game a couple of hundred (or how many you were) Brighton fans make more noise than 30k+ home supporters. Not my cup of tea and struggle to see in what sense the Everton fans were trying to support their struggling team, but we all have different preferences.
Booing clearly doesn't help! Totally agree. But is understandable in Everton's case. I wouldn't sit back and accept that.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Watching on TV there were a lot of Palace fans still singing non stop even at 0.4.
Not so sure about this. It was the quietest atmosphere from the home end I’ve ever experienced from trips to Selhurst*. I even made a comment about it to a mate, as generally, it is one of the noisier PL grounds regardless of points made above.

*excl. Wimbledon (a) back in the day.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At least they have had a shot or two on target for a change
... seems we're just into very different things when it comes to football experiences.
Still don't see how singing for the team in good and bad times is anything other than supportive.
I’d suggest they weren’t singing for the team but more for themselves (and singing is stretching it a bit)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Chelsea falling like flies

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
On the BBC:
I get injuries are part of the game but, when it comes to Chelsea, I have to think it's more than bad luck! Something isn't right. Is it coaches maybe?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
A lot of the bookies were promoting extravagant combinations of shots on targets and goals and such like today.

I stayed well away from these things.

(Just like I did for the world cup final)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What the f*** went on in that Belgian World Cup campaign? Trossard’s looked haunted since he came back. KDB looks a pub player tonight

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Could Cucurella have done better? Let it run across him, but he was running toward his own goal line and risked an own goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here