Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 2/11 - 3/11

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How much money has been invested by Everton on players that are this bad ?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It’s also the Stoke, Smellhurst, West Ham, Burnley thing. A contrived bear pit to purportedly intimidate visiting players and refs. Fury over the smallest of things.

Whatever happened to singing?

Your average atmosphere at Goodison makes the Amex seem positively raucous

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Paraphrasing a little, sky reporting the statement The VAR didn't look at it for a red card because the injury made it clear that Son had endangered the safety of the opponent.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Paraphrasing a little, sky reporting the statement The VAR didn't look at it for a red card because the injury made it clear that Son had endangered the safety of the opponent.

Louis Saha in the studio didn't agree and nor do I. Bit of a Cop out by the referees there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Absolutely terrible, bottle job refereeing. They just showed it again on Sky. Martin Atkinson is a muppet.

Seems familiar doesn't it... Atkinson had yellow card in his hand when he went over to Son, it was only after extent of injury was seen that he got the red out... That's not right, it should be for the challenge, not the consequence of the challenge!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Looked a relatively innocuous challenge from Son. A yellow card at worst. This game isn't a good advert for VAR - or for Atkinson's refereeing.

Horrible injury to Gomez, hopefully something he can get back from. However awful decision. Yellow certainly but not a red.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Yay! Everton equalise! Spurs stay below us, and we stay 8th.

Not a bad weekend for us, by and large. :)

Amazing - as it stands there are only 7 better teams than us in the country - and two of those are Bournemouth and Sheffield United.

Think I'll just enjoy the moment.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Heung-min Son thinks he's the king of Asia. Arrogant man. I hope he gets a long ban for what he's done to a fellow professional.

I really feel for Andre Gomes - I just pray he plays football again. Best wishes to him. :down:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Heung-min Son thinks he's the king of Asia. Arrogant man. I hope he gets a long ban for what he's done to a fellow professional.

I really feel for Andre Gomes - I just pray he plays football again. Best wishes to him. :down:
You're either fishing or not very smart.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Seems familiar doesn't it... Atkinson had yellow card in his hand when he went over to Son, it was only after extent of injury was seen that he got the red out... That's not right, it should be for the challenge, not the consequence of the challenge!

And we argued this in May 2016, and no one listened then either...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wow, where did that come from? Son is a smashing, humble lad who would grace any side.

The TV showed the incident in real time from distance, and one slomo up to the break. It looked like an accident to me. And it happened after Son's challenge which was worth no more than a yellow. Son didn't injure the man. Both Son and Aurier were distraught. And as others have said, the ref first gave a yellow then gave a red after seeing the injury. Disgraceful.

At least Son can appeal a red. Whether he does is moot. If it were me I might not. Missplaced atonement or something.

Edit I see you have recanted somewhat. Watch your 'unconscious bias', though ???

That said, who am I to talk, having lost the plot with the old fellah yesterday :facepalm:

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wow, where did that come from? Son is a smashing, humble lad who would grace any side.

The TV showed the incident in real time from distance, and one slomo up to the break. It looked like an accident to me. And it happened after Son's challenge which was worth no more than a yellow. Son didn't injure the man. Both Son and Aurier were distraught. And as others have said, the ref first gave a yellow then gave a red after seeing the injury. Disgraceful.

Al least Son can appeal a red. Whether he does is moot. If it were me I might not. Missplaced atonement or something.

It was a very disappointing comment and I truly am sorry. Block me if you want, Harry.

Son feels bad, I know he would never mean any harm on a fellow footballer. I can't understand the challenge from where it was though.

I'm a dickhead.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was a very disappointing comment and I truly am sorry. Block me if you want, Harry.

Son feels bad, I know he would never mean any harm on a fellow footballer. I can't understand the challenge from where it was though.

I'm a dickhead.

Don't worry about it. I have already edited my reply :thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

At least Gomes didn't knock the yellow card out of his hand.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

At least Son can appeal a red. Whether he does is moot. If it were me I might not. Missplaced atonement or something.

Edit I see you have recanted somewhat. Watch your 'unconscious bias', though ???

That said, who am I to talk, having lost the plot with the old fellah yesterday :facepalm:

Who? Glenn Murray?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here