Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18-21/8/23

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Fletch, Fletch, Fletch that was fantastic Fletch. Look at that Fletch.

Apart from that City in first gear Newcastle as potent as a 110 year old man. Boring dross.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That prick Gary Neville going on about how Man United need investment in their midfield and how McTominay might solve their issues :lolol:

I hate that football club, what about the fact Ten Haag is a very average manager tactically? Casemiro, Mount and Fernandes ability wise is as good as any midfield out there.
I don't agree with your point about their midfield. I mean it's probably a top 6 midfield but ours last season was better than that and several this season will get the better of them.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't agree with your point about their midfield. I mean it's probably a top 6 midfield but ours last season was better than that and several this season will get the better of them.
Yer casemiro is done and mason mount is average.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
MOTD - Bournemouth score against Liverpool, but it's ruled out offside because when the defender deliberately played the ball (inadvertently past his own keeper), the officials decided he didn't deliberately play the ball :shrug: (and therefore the striker was offside).

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
MOTD - Bournemouth score against Liverpool, but it's ruled out offside because when the defender deliberately played the ball (inadvertently past his own keeper), the officials decided he didn't deliberately play the ball :shrug: (and therefore the striker was offside).
Dive for the penalty...utter joke.....and never a red card. Game is being ruined.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
These are all good points, but for me it’s mainly that they are a massively cynical side, containing a good number of thoroughly unlikeable twats.

Masters of ‘gamesmanship‘ (cheating), fond of cynical fouls, berating officials, ridiculous time wasting - and a horribly unfortunate knack of picking up handy head injuries whenever the opposition have a sustained spell of pressure in or near their box.

hopefully the current clampdown on some of these things will help to bring them under a bit of control.
You couldn't be talking about Villa could you?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and never a red card. Game is being ruined.
VAR should have overturned that - he leg wasn't straight, it didn't look bad or deliberate.

Dive for the penalty...utter joke.....

Cracking dive for Liverpool's penalty. 9/10
Now I may well be wrong here (and I'm probably going to be alone in this view) but despite feeling it was a terrible dive for the penalty when I saw it, there's one angle from behind which shows the new kid's shin being hit, and although his arms in the air impression of Elias from Platoon is ridiculous, his standing leg moves significantly after his shin is kicked, so I actually think it was the correct decision.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Imagine it's been pointed out already but unless Arsenal absolutely batter Palace Monday we'll be finishing this round of fixtures top of the table.
Unless Palace absolutely batter Arsenal

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Casemiro is overrated and Mount is and has always been MASSIVELY overrated.

That's why it is so sad to see him leave Chelsea. Would have been great to see them build a team around him. For lolz.
Mount is a average footballer.

Bet Chelsea can't believe they got 60 million for him

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mount is a average footballer.

Bet Chelsea can't believe they got 60 million for him
It was also pretty dumb of Utd to give Chelsea such an FFP boost - that's £60m they've got to counter their spending (with Caicedo costing about £12m for one year).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pickford attempts to kill someone again

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
ASTON VILLA 2-0 Everton - Douglas Luiz (24' pen)

Everton are absolutely awful today, looking like another long season for the Toffees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here