[Albion] Premier League 18-21/8/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've only kinda been half paying attention, but Sheffield Utd seem to be doing a lot better in the second half. Feels like they've look more likely to snatch another goal.
Going to be a very painfull season for Sheffield Utd...Forest are going to be one of the few teams they face where they have a chance of points.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Going to be a very painfull season for Sheffield Utd...Forest are going to be one of the few teams they face where they have a chance of points.
Absolutely. If you are Sheffield Utd you gotta be thinking, "where can we pick up points" and "who can we potentially finish above". They've gotta feel like "Forest" is a potential answer to both.

TBF: Forest probably think the same about Sheffield Utd.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Chelsea sign Johnson Forest could easily go down. Two very poor teams.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A lot of people here have an irrational dislike of Villa. I guess it's partly because we couldn't get one over you in the championship and we 'lost' the title at yours, and partly because you're the lowest hanging fruit of the 'big clubs' which we're trying to overhaul.

But I've got good mates who are Villa fans so know that by and large you're a good bunch.
The vast majority of affiliations in football are irrational. If we were rational, we wouldn't invest so much time and attention towards it :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Strange, Not sure why.
A couple or so years ago when you were in the Championship and we were in the PL, we met in the League Cup. We fielded a ridiculously weakened team of mainly U21s and U18s (yes fair enough, that was a mistake) and were narrowly beaten - the triumphal crowing from Villa that they'd smashed a PL team and were streets better than Brighton was a bit galling - absolutely no sense or recognition that you'd only just beaten 'the yoof'.
Being where you are now (due to being in the PL and able to build) only because someone forgot to switch on the goal-line technology doesn't win you any friends either - again because there seems to be no sense or acknowledgement that in that case too Villa got lucky.
Just my take - others may have different ideas.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A couple or so years ago when you were in the Championship and we were in the PL, we met in the League Cup. We fielded a ridiculously weakened team of mainly U21s and U18s (yes fair enough, that was a mistake) and were narrowly beaten - the triumphal crowing from Villa that they'd smashed a PL team and were streets better than Brighton was a bit galling - absolutely no sense or recognition that you'd only just beaten 'the yoof'.
Being where you are now (due to being in the PL and able to build) only because someone forgot to switch on the goal-line technology doesn't win you any friends either - again because there seems to be no sense or acknowledgement that in that case too Villa got lucky.
I think that game the bookies had Villa at 3/1 before the teams were announced. I must admit,I did have a small wager on them to win.

the odds shortened a huge amount by kickoff,.

After timing ,I know,but it was a long time ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think that game the bookies had Villa at 3/1 before the teams were announced. I must admit,I did have a small wager on them to win.

the odds shortened a huge amount by kickoff,.

After timing ,I know,but it was a long time ago.

I made a killing that night, many here did. The odds remained like that for a long time post the teams being announced.

Potter threw away our LC chances by playing a rubbish team, whilst Villa effectively played their expensive best 11 with other stars on the bench.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
These are all good points, but for me it’s mainly that they are a massively cynical side, containing a good number of thoroughly unlikeable twats.

Masters of ‘gamesmanship‘ (cheating), fond of cynical fouls, berating officials, ridiculous time wasting - and a horribly unfortunate knack of picking up handy head injuries whenever the opposition have a sustained spell of pressure in or near their box.

hopefully the current clampdown on some of these things will help to bring them under a bit of control.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 1-0 Manchester United (Sarr, 49')

As it stands: Brighton (6 pts), Tottenham (4 pts) & Man Utd (3 pts)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
1-0 Spurs - we are legitimately better than both of these teams. Not impressed at all

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think that should be a pen for Spurs, but Gary Neville thinks not. Shock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports