Burgess Hill
Muppet, I’m waiting until it’s 75/1.

The bookies must’ve seen you coming.

Any minute now.....you can get 66s at Skybet now

62CA525B-36CD-4890-8C35-FF32C3FE10F7.png

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Sam Allardyce: 17 pts from 19 games. 0.89 ppg. Relegation form in any season.

Except for 2 seasons in the last 10, where 34 points (0.8947ppg - 17/19) would have kept that team up, and 3 more where goal difference would have been the decider. That is, half the time 34 will be enough to keep you up!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't use the word hate ever really, BUT I utterly hate 'Big' Sam...

Following his England related disgrace he should never have been able to work in the game again... shame on West Brom for employing the bloated 80s dodgy car dealer stereotype... He and his ilk are why the game is in such a mess... money, money, corruption, money, money etc. He's just awful. I suspect this is the last time we'll see him darkening the corridors of the PL and hopefully football in general.

I will LOVE IT when their and his relegation is confirmed and BOY we're getting close.

Bilic should never have been sacked - at least he has/had integrity and respect for the game.

Sam brings to mind a horrible garish golfer of yore, smoking a cigar on the 1st tee, with all the gear... driving a white quattro, you know the bloke with the biggest driver in his bag - rude and entirely lacking in humility.

Nasty piece of work.

I like him.

Far less a dinosaur than many people think. His Bolton team - with Djorkief (sp?), Campo etc. was one I'd have paid good money to and watch at the time - if I'd had the money and time available. Diet and sports psychology was part of the Allardyce management technique back then, way ahead of most other managers in the game at the time.
As he said at the time, if he'd been called Allardicio instead of Allardyce he'd've had more plaudits - and he was right.
As a centre half, he was a more than a bit old-school - but as a manager, far from it. Can't understand the hatred for him (and yes, I do know about him falling for a set-up by journalists whilst he was England manager; yes, that didn't do him credit, but overall he's got plenty to be proud of).

#TeamAllardyce - and bollocks to the rest of you!

P.S...... and no, I'm not wanting him - ]or anybody else - coming in to replace Potter at the moment, thank you.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I like him.

Far less a dinosaur than many people think. His Bolton team - with Djorkief (sp?), Campo etc. was one I'd have paid good money to and watch at the time - if I'd had the money and time available. Diet and sports psychology was part of the Allardyce management technique back then, way ahead of most other managers in the game at the time.
As he said at the time, if he'd been called Allardicio instead of Allardyce he'd've had more plaudits - and he was right.
As a centre half, he was a more than a bit old-school - but as a manager, far from it. Can't understand the hatred for him (and yes, I do know about him falling for a set-up by journalists whilst he was England manager; yes, that didn't do him credit, but overall he's got plenty to be proud of).

P.S...... and no, I'm not wanting him - ]or anybody else - coming in to replace Potter at the moment, thank you.

I'm sorry to disagree, but I disagree.

He's an arrogant, unlikable, self effacing, self loving, self promoting, parody of himself... he looks lost to me, out of his depth and out of his time.

Sure (perhaps) he was cutting edge once, but so was a Sodastream.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like him.

That was almost 20 years ago.

It’s trotted out that FatSam led the way on player metrics, sports science and players doing yoga.

He didn’t. He was one of many. Wenger brought that to Arsenal in 1996.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

He's an arrogant, unlikable, self effacing, self loving, self promoting, parody of himself... he looks lost to me, out of his depth and out of his time.

Thinking myself a bit Homer Simpson, listening to (reading) all these comments, but just find myself going “uuhmmm, Sodastream”!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I like him.

I've got a lovely Ford Mondeo for sale 93 plate, lovely lines and runs like a dream, also its a diesel so you can run it on chip fat aka fuel of the future.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Self-effacing AND self-loving?? Hmm. But it's possible to dislike him and admit that he built an excellent Bolton team. jay-Jay Okocha was worth the price of admission alone.

Personally I think there are worse managers around. I seem to recall that there was one who managed a load of clubs who later found themselves in severe financial difficulties, including Bournemouth, Southampton, P*rtsm**th, QPR, Birmingham ... sadly his name escapes me ...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Self-effacing AND self-loving?? Hmm. But it's possible to dislike him and admit that he built an excellent Bolton team. jay-Jay Okocha was worth the price of admission alone.

Personally I think there are worse managers around. I seem to recall that there was one who managed a load of clubs who later found themselves in severe financial difficulties, including Bournemouth, Southampton, P*rtsm**th, QPR, Birmingham ... sadly his name escapes me ...

Clubs go bust because of owners.

Redknapp was two rungs down the ladder from the various Pompey owners and Peter Storrey. A team manager can want all he wants, but it takes a shocking businessman to put a club in jeopardy.

Poyet wanted Bloom to pump even more cash to meet his player demands, but Bloom and his new CEO said no.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't use the word hate ever really, BUT I utterly hate 'Big' Sam...

Following his England related disgrace he should never have been able to work in the game again... shame on West Brom for employing the bloated 80s dodgy car dealer stereotype... He and his ilk are why the game is in such a mess... money, money, corruption, money, money etc. He's just awful. I suspect this is the last time we'll see him darkening the corridors of the PL and hopefully football in general.

I will LOVE IT when their and his relegation is confirmed and BOY we're getting close.

Bilic should never have been sacked - at least he has/had integrity and respect for the game.

Sam brings to mind a horrible garish golfer of yore, smoking a cigar on the 1st tee, with all the gear... driving a white quattro, you know the bloke with the biggest driver in his bag - rude and entirely lacking in humility.

Nasty piece of work.

So you don't like him? Or on the fence maybe

Now that little squeaky twerp with him is odious

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Except for 2 seasons in the last 10, where 34 points (0.8947ppg - 17/19) would have kept that team up, and 3 more where goal difference would have been the decider. That is, half the time 34 will be enough to keep you up!

Hence I said ‘relegation form’ rather than being relegated. :wink: :thumbsup:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I'm not sure where self effacing came from, apologies, I got carried away - I meant self congratulatory.

He's just my cup of tea.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just a dull Arsenal v Everton game tonight.

Liverpool v Newcastle the next game of interest.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Saint-Maximin! The bloke has no shame, Does he not realise the world is watching him pretend to limp?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here