[Albion] Premier League 16-26/4/21

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Watching Tottenham v Southampton and the Sky commentator (Chris Coleman?) has just said “1-0 is never enough to win a game”. I beg to differ, but I would suggest that 1-0 is quite often enough to win a game!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Watching Tottenham v Southampton and the Sky commentator (Chris Coleman?) has just said “1-0 is never enough to win a game”. I beg to differ, but I would suggest that 1-0 is quite often enough to win a game!

It's quite often enough to lose a game as well.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Southampton almost certainly have enough to stay up but their form is abysmal. If it carry’s on into next season they are in trouble.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Pep's gonna get himself sent off!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Southampton almost certainly have enough to stay up but their form is abysmal. If it carry’s on into next season they are in trouble.

Let's hope so.

Norwich and Watford should be reasonably strong next season we will need a few of the existing Prem teams to have poor seasons, if we are looking to improve our standing.

The Palace rebuild will be interesting.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Let's hope so.

Norwich and Watford should be reasonably strong next season we will need a few of the existing Prem teams to have poor seasons, if we are looking to improve our standing.

The Palace rebuild will be interesting.

What makes you say Watford and Norwich will be strong? I actually think they’re going to be two of the weaker promoted sides of recent years.

Their squads are pretty similar to what they went down with last season and neither of them will spend a lot of money in the summer. Norwich will also probably lose Buendia. For me, those two and the winner of the play offs will be red hot favourites for relegation and it will be a real struggle for any of them to stay up.

The gap between the two divisions is widening as most of the lower teams that will stay up in the PL (like us and Southampton) have been there for a number of years now so have much greater resources and squads.

I think there will be a lot of yo-yoing betwen the divisions as relegated sides go straight back up and promoted sides straight back down as we’re seeing this season. The examples of us, Wolves and Leeds will become a real rarity.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What makes you say Watford and Norwich will be strong? I actually think they’re going to be two of the weaker promoted sides of recent years.

Their squads are pretty similar to what they went down with last season and neither of them will spend a lot of money in the summer. Norwich will also probably lose Buendia. For me, those two and the winner of the play offs will be red hot favourites for relegation and it will be a real struggle for any of them to stay up.

The gap between the two divisions is widening as most of the lower teams that will stay up in the PL (like us and Southampton) have been there for a number of years now so have much greater resources and squads.

I think there will be a lot of yo-yoing betwen the divisions as relegated sides go straight back up and promoted sides straight back down as we’re seeing this season. The examples of us, Wolves and Leeds will become a real rarity.

I meant reasonably strong in comparison to promoted teams in general.

Watford imploded a bit, the season before last and should be in with a shout of evading the drop.
Norwich haven't spent any of the Prem league money from previous promotions, so may have the option to strengthen.

In comparison to any of the other Championship teams (Bournemouth excepted) , they will be in a position to push on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports