Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-26/4/21

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Leeds fans gathering outside Elland Rd protesting against breakaway league. Probably because Leeds have not been invited to join.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Exciting game tonight. Will Leeds win and stay safely mid-table or will they lose and stay safely mid-table? Will Liverpool win and not participate in Champions League or will they lose and not participate in Europa League?

Time will tell, all we know at this point is that Leeds are a very exciting team and so forth.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Really disappointed in Klippety. If he had any balls he would come out and say, "if this goes ahead, I will resign as manager of Liverpool". Simple.

Only positive at least he said his opinions on the super league have not changed and doesn’t agree with the competition being removed. Better the Chelsea’s manager earlier who offered nothing.

Managers shouldn’t be answering these questions though seems they are all clueless about most of what has gone on. Owners need to man up grow a pair and actually meet fans and supporters rather than hide between social media platforms pretending they are doing what is best for football

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Leeds fans gathering outside Elland Rd protesting against breakaway league. Probably because Leeds have not been invited to join.

They've got more legitimacy than some of them.

Edit: I still want them to lose though.

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Only positive at least he said his opinions on the super league have not changed and doesn’t agree with the competition being removed. Better the Chelsea’s manager earlier who offered nothing.

Managers shouldn’t be answering these questions though seems they are all clueless about most of what has gone on. Owners need to man up grow a pair and actually meet fans and supporters rather than hide between social media platforms pretending they are doing what is best for football

Problem is we know they won't. Only strong action from the people who can make a difference will help. I want someone like Marcus Rushford (who has been superb) coming out and saying he will never play in a super league. Or Henderson or other captains. Alex Ferguson I would like to say he wants his name off his stand if this goes ahead. And wouldn't it be nice if one of the main sponsors of these teams had the nerve to come out and cancel their deals (we know this won't happen of course).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hope Leeds just sit down at the start

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Really disappointed in Klippety. If he had any balls he would come out and say, "if this goes ahead, I will resign as manager of Liverpool". Simple.

I wouldn't in his position. He has a duty to guide them to the end of the season. And a duty to the supporters. It's clear he opposes it but he has steered a path through the questions he was asked.

As for those T-shirts, not nice to see players goading other players who have **** all to do with this.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wouldn't in his position. He has a duty to guide them to the end of the season. And a duty to the supporters. It's clear he opposes it but he has steered a path through the questions he was asked.

As for those T-shirts, not nice to see players goading other players who have **** all to do with this.

I don’t see the problem with the t shirts at all...after all it’s about all six clubs ...I’d have loved to see ours do the same ...it’s not as though they were waving them in the Liverpool players faces

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
but those other players do have to do with it. football might be for the fans but without the players what is it? Screenshot_20210419-200256_Twitter.jpg

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don’t see the problem wit( the t shirts at all...after all it’s about all six clubs ...I’d have loved to see ours do the same ...it’s not as though they were waving them in the Liverpool players faces

Klopp was visibly upset by it. 'Nobody needs to remind us that we have to earn a place in the Champions League'. Quite.

It's not the player's fault. He had to tell them himself this morning with little information.

Apparently one/some had been left in their dressing room.

Classless.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Disagree. His duty to supporters is to unequivocally and in the strongest terms oppose this. And I'm totally with the Leeds players wearing the t shirts. I don't think its goading the players, I think its sending out the strongest signal they can to the owners. And again, the senior Liverpool players need to grow a pair and come out against this.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
More from Jurgen Klopp: "I'm 53. Since I've been in professional football, the Champions League has been there. My aim was always to coach a team there. I have no issues with the Champions League.

"I like the competitive aspect of football. I like that West Ham might play in the Champions League. I don't want them to because we want to but I like they have the chance. What can I say? It's not easy.

"What I want to say as well, I've heard a few things but what I really don't like, Liverpool football club is much more than some decisions. The most important part of football are the supporters and the team. We have to make sure nothing gets between that. I've heard there are banners but the players didn't do anything wrong. We have to all stick together. We can show nobody has to walk alone in these moments. There are things to sort but nothing to do with the football or the relationship between the supporters and the team.

"In tough times you have to show you stick together. It doesn't mean you have to agree with everything but again the boys did nothing wrong. I want to make sure everyone knows that.

"I understand it. I am in a different position. I don't have all information. I don't know exactly why the 12 clubs did it. I know some things will change with football in the future. Some things have to change in football that is for sure.

"Usually you have to prepare these kinds of things, it takes time."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here