Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-26/4/21

Wow dodged a bullet today, still maintain we've had the rub of the green with VAR in the main, can understand why Parker is upset.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've been safe for a while.
Fulham can't score more than 1 a game and rarely keep a clean sheet.

They might scrape a couple of wins and a couple of draws, meaning we need to get a win from Leeds/Sheff Utd/West Ham/Wolves/Arsenal.
Our recent record against 4 of those teams is excellent.

It's over, just a matter of time.

We're not safe! Saying we are is really beyond me. I do think we'll be OK and am not worried, but to say we are safe is just inaccurate.

How about settling for 'fairly safe'?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wow dodged a bullet today, still maintain we've had the rub of the green with VAR in the main, can understand why Parker is upset.

Upset for getting a penalty as a result of a dive and concede a goal by someone being well onside.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Fulham need a min of 3 wins and at least 1 draw from a last 5 of, Chelsea A, Burnley H, So’ton A, Man Utd A & Newcastle H.
Looks do-able if Parker can fire them up for the 2 Home and Southampton.

Burnley have, Wolves A, West Ham H, Fulham A, Leeds H, Liverpool H & Sheff Utd A.

WBA’s last 7, Leicester A, Villa A, Wolves H, Arsenal A, Liverpool H, West Ham H & Leeds A. 7 points from their next 3 would make things interesting.

If only Parker had fired them up for their last 5 games where they collected the solitary point, or the whole season for that matter, they’d be safe.
It’s all over for them now except for the maths.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have?

Crikey I wouldn’t say that. We’ve had more than our fair share of disgraceful decisions.

Agreed. Including the 2 most ludicrous decisions ever:

(1) penalty awarded after final whistle
(2) perfectly good goal disallowed at WBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Upset for getting a penalty as a result of a dive and concede a goal by someone being well onside.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fulham need a min of 3 wins and at least 1 draw from a last 5 of, Chelsea A, Burnley H, So’ton A, Man Utd A & Newcastle H.
Looks do-able if Parker can fire them up for the 2 Home and Southampton.

Burnley have, Wolves A, West Ham H, Fulham A, Leeds H, Liverpool H & Sheff Utd A.

WBA’s last 7, Leicester A, Villa A, Wolves H, Arsenal A, Liverpool H, West Ham H & Leeds A. 7 points from their next 3 would make things interesting.

Fulham who have won 5 from 33 all season, you expecting them to win 3 and draw 1 in there last 5 games.
West Brom need at least 3 wins and a draw just to go above us, without us picking up another point. Maybe over a season, but with 7 games to go, I can't see that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh dear ..Sean Dyche a bit touchy

On their relegation battle: "Brighton are there as well – it seems like you never mention them. We’ve worked hard for everything we’ve had in the Premier League."

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh dear ..Sean Dyche a bit touchy

On their relegation battle: "Brighton are there as well – it seems like you never mention them. We’ve worked hard for everything we’ve had in the Premier League."

The media do seem to like us, as do the betting markets. We can be 4th or 5th from bottom, yet most pundits seem to think we’ll come good.

That’s riled the Dalek.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The media do seem to like us, as do the betting markets. We can be 4th or 5th from bottom, yet most pundits seem to think we’ll come good.

That’s riled the Dalek.

Have to admit I sympathise slightly with Dychey. I’m not sure why we’re such heavy favourites to beat the drop over Burnley and Newcastle (still).

Obviously there’s a good reason as the bookies know what they’re doing. The other prediction model I look at still has us as 1% chance of relegation. But it is weird considering we’re in the same spot as these other teams.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another huge hammer blow for Fulham today

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have to admit I sympathise slightly with Dychey. I’m not sure why we’re such heavy favourites to beat the drop over Burnley and Newcastle (still).

Obviously there’s a good reason as the bookies know what they’re doing. The other prediction model I look at still has us as 1% chance of relegation. But it is weird considering we’re in the same spot as these other teams.
xG might in some ways be a load of old bollocks, but it is perhaps an indicator that ultimately we're more likely to get the results we need to stay up than the teams around and below us?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The pressure mounts on Dunk and the boys to beat Chelsea. Lose and we’re as good as down.

Yet another must win - same as Sheff Utd and Fulham at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here