[Albion] Premier League 16-26/4/21

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I guess the opposite of a tug of war for Rylan Brewster at the end of season.

In hindsight, what an awful call by him.

He was only 20, stick around, learn from the best, serve your extended apprenticeship.

Foden, Greenwood, Mount .... not always picked in past seasons (nor Greenwood this), all chose the correct longterm career paths.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
In hindsight, what an awful call by him.

He was only 20, stick around, learn from the best, serve your extended apprenticeship.

Foden, Greenwood, Mount .... not always picked in past seasons (nor Greenwood this), all chose the correct longterm career paths.

I know a few of us were hoping to make a move for Brewster, would be curious to know if he turned us down.

We would have been a great club for him. But maybe we dodged a bullet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One down, two to go

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know a few of us were hoping to make a move for Brewster, would be curious to know if he turned us down.

We would have been a great club for him. But maybe we dodged a bullet.

Liverpool are clever at selling at over value.

Solanke, Ibe, Brewster, Benteke and Sakho, for example, raised £112m.

Who’s been a consistent EPL success since, I’d suggest just Sakho.

My instinct is that Brewster was a waste of money at £20m, as TB correctly reined in lockdown-hit expenditure, it would’ve been too great a punt.

I do hope he’s successful though. Through the England youth levels, RB was a brilliant striker.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If anyone still thinks we’ll get relegated, then surely they’ll just join the rest of the losers on here and lump on at the bookies, like the rest of the idiots who back us to get relegated every year despite claiming to support the side?

(Cue relegation)

Why is someone an idiot for backing us to go down?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Could really have done with the Blades getting something from tonight. Then they’d really have had to come onto us next week while remaining a bag of nerves. What odds them putting in a lovely, free-flowing performance now there’s nothing riding on it?

Will have to hope they’re just bad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could really have done with the Blades getting something from tonight. Then they’d really have had to come onto us next week while remaining a bag of nerves. What odds them putting in a lovely, free-flowing performance now there’s nothing riding on it?

They've been dead men walking for months, today just confirmed it. 14 points from 32 games is abject and pathetic. Their result tonight is, and would always have been a total irrelevance to our game next week. They already knew they were down.

The biggest shitter this weekend was Newcastle reaching safety. But as long as Arsenal don't play silly buggers later on, then we should be ok.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Playing for pride now. Let’s hope they wait till we’ve played them.

Actually, that could be a good thing. They're relegated, the pressure is off now. Hopefully that means they won't just stick 11 men behind the ball, which we know we struggle with (just see the game at the AMEX against them for proof), and instead come out and try and play a bit more, leaving space in behind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Discussing how the Albion might beat already relegated Sheffield Utd, in late April, in order to secure mathematical safety from their own (no matter how unlikely) relegation.

That doesn't really have the ring of, we are f'ing brilliant, GPott is the messiah, anyone who says otherwise is too stupid to understand football, does it?

The squad is better than it was, the manager is (Everton aside) considerably more progressive than he was.

But blimey charlie, this really does need to be the last of such conversations, for a fair few seasons, if they are all going to begin moving towards the stated long term goal.

I expect Fulham to get hammered today as their confidence is shot to pieces and Tuesday will be just about us and although expect to lose as always at Chelsea, who knows we could get something. If Fulham beat the arsenal it will put a little more pressure on us to make sure we don't get beat at Sheffield United.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Why would they have "remained a bag of nerves"? They've been relegated for a long time and they knew it, the mathematical possiblity of staying up did feck all to change that. Should be the same Sheffield to show up next week as its been the last six months or so.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Discussing how the Albion might beat already relegated Sheffield Utd, in late April, in order to secure mathematical safety from their own (no matter how unlikely) relegation.

That doesn't really have the ring of, we are f'ing brilliant, GPott is the messiah, anyone who says otherwise is too stupid to understand football, does it?

I think only the top 9 is currently mathematically safe? I dont think you could expect mathematical safety much earlier than mid-late April next season either, its fairly normal even if you end up top 10-12.

So yes, you are probably a bit stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports